Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop <€2k- any suggestions?

Options
  • 28-10-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I've been in the market for a new laptop for a few months now, and was holding off until the Apple event yesterday to see what they did. I've a five year old Macbook Air that owes me nothing, but it's time to upgrade. I was hoping to get a new Macbook Pro but they've priced themselves out of it for me - €2,000 is my absolute limit for a computer.

I'd be using it for work and leisure - nothing too intensive but some use of large-ish files (1GB kind of thing) for work. I'd like to future proof it as much as possible - I got five great years from my Macbook Air and would like to aim for the same. I did consider the new MBP but they're just too flipping expensive. A fifteen inch screen would be nice for work, but not a deal breaker. Apart from that, I'm easy. I think it may be time to move back to Windows. I've been looking at the Dell XPS 15, the Surface Book and a few other bits and pieces.

So I'm looking for advice/recommendations. What would you buy?

Advertisement