Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Live: Citywest-Sandyford

Options
  • 28-10-2016 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All,

I will be working in Citywest (office Job 8.30 to 17.30) , my wife in Sandyford, same hours.

No kids.

Where do you suggest we should look for a place to live to minimize commuting hassle?

Max rent 1900 €

We need a garden or a proper Garage (I have 2 motorbikes).

We live now in the countryside around KK (big house, courtyard, shed ...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

It's been a year or two since I used the M50 a lot, but at that time in the mornings, the southbound M50 from Citywest to Sandyford was very heavy traffic while the Northbound side was ten times faster. (literally 10km/h vs 100).

In the evenings, the opposite tended to be true, very sluggish Northbound from Sandyford until at last the Galway turn each evening and freely moving on the Southbound side.

Others might be able to confirm if that's still accurate or not. If it is, you might want to choose to live somewhere that puts you both with a Northbound commute in the morning and Southbound in the evening?

Maybe in this area but with a garage? http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/leopardstown/glenbourne-way-leopardstown-dublin-1688594/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

I'd suggest ballinteer or knocklyon.

You have option of avoiding M50 for both destinations if needed.

This also looks good

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/knocklyon/old-knocklyon-road-knocklyon-dublin-1686457/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Sandyford.
    Traffic SB in the mornings and NB in the evenings on the M50 is much much worse than the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theluke79

Grand lads, thanks a mil.
    These were exactly my thoughts.
    I will be looking for a home following these suggestions!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yeah traffic not too bad in the mornings that direction, been getting slightly worse over the past few months. But even on the worst mornings you should only looking at 20 -30 minutes to N7 interchange baring major incidents due to breakdown/accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Hi there,

Can anyone suggest the best way to get from Citywest to sandyford business park.
    I don't drive. So is a Luas in to town and then out to sandyford the best way?

Any advice?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi there,

Can anyone suggest the best way to get from Citywest to sandyford business park.
    I don't drive. So is a Luas in to town and then out to sandyford the best way?

Any advice?
    Thanks

It's a relatively flat cycle. It'll be about 2 hours by Luas vs 1 by bike.

thank you folks, we did found properties, but luckily we also found a decent one in KK, so here we stay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

theluke79 wrote: »
    thank you folks, we did found properties, but luckily we also found a decent one in KK, so here we stay

just a tip, if you are living in KK, and the wiff is working in Sandyford and drives,
    lets assume the traffic is terrible on the N7 and M7, come off at the Firhouse junction on the m50 and then the R114 which meets the N81, head down the N81 through Blessington, when you get to Hollywood turn Right onto the R756 heading for Dunlavin, head through the Area of Ballyhurtin keep to the Right and head for the R448, once on R448 take left go past Crookstown then right onto R747 and join m9 at Jn3.
    usually about 70-80 min for me from Leopardstown.

if the M50 northbound is jammed head for the R113 from Sandyford, go past Lamb doyles and continue along the R113 through Rockbrook through woodstown village until you get to the above R114 and follow the above route.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

just noticed you have bikes "theluke79"
    if the wiff is driving the bike aswell, the route will be a lovely ride, but prob quicker going the motorway if you filter.
    the bad part of the journey will be the road from Dunlavin to Crookstown.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

house found! and it had to be KK due to $ !

Advertisement