Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle up Turlough Hill, Wicklow.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

After reading this thread.I'm going to give turlough hill a bash tomorrow. Iv cycled past the gate a few times but never ventured up there.I'll be coming from Hollywood direction .hopefully the legs are up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

jober wrote: »
    After reading this thread.I'm going to give turlough hill a bash tomorrow. Iv cycled past the gate a few times but never ventured up there.I'll be coming from Hollywood direction .hopefully the legs are up for it.
    Would it be steeper coming from that direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Would it be steeper coming from that direction?
    No - more gentle gradient and the prevailing south westerly will usually be behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

So done this earlier .not as steep as I thought it would be definitely alot easier than kippure.I'd be slow at climbing most hills but had i known it didnt kick up id say i could of gone up quicker.fog was bad up there couldn't see a thing.will definitely give it another go some time when it's fog free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

And you introduced me to the joys of Sorrell Hill afterwards! :pac: (Sat 4th April 2015)

Yep. Sorry about that. I went up it from the other side earlier this year and the surface is absolute shíte. Broken. Worse than Preist's Leap's surface. As I climbed up (back in March this year), I did think that 'WA must have thought I was taking the píss that day'.

Great view over Blessington Lakes from Ballynultagh Gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I went up it from the other side earlier this year and the surface is absolute shíte. Broken. Worse than Preist's Leap's surface.

Tempting! I love bad roads.

(tried St. Kevin's Way yet? :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Alek wrote: »
    Tempting! I love bad roads.

You'd probably love Ballynultagh Gap at 4am with studded tyres in -5C!

Advertisement