Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will property prices ever return to their peak?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    No you don't get it that's the problem. I am experienced in this area as is my family. Property is a long term investment and you have look at it like that. Fundamentals of what you are investing are important. It isn't quick flips that make somebody a property investors as that is gambling.
    I haven't made a killing I made sound investments that are paying off. A lot of research and knowledge went into those investments not guessing.
    I stopped posting here for a long time as people were laughing about the possibility of rental increases and anything that meant there dream wasn't going to come true. Meeting you is certainly making me think I was right about commentators here.
    You can wish the market to be anything you want but you should making sure you are actually seeing signs of it happening rather than saying it must happen.
    Good to see you back posting Ray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres 1000s, of people who bought in the boom who want a return to peak values ,but this would be a disaster for the economy ,it would push wages higher and make companys reluctant to employ irish workers .
    In australia house prices are very high in citys ,this helps the rich, investors
    and people who own houses ,its really bad news for the young and the average worker .

Advertisement