Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    You probably shouldnt have called her your husband though, Necro.

:D That was mistake 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is the best photo we have at the moment:
    486674.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aww I love ginger cats :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

A ginger female? That’s quite unusual. Most gingers are male apparently.

She’s lovely. I hope she settles in soon. She’s found a good family.

quickbeam wrote: »
    A ginger female? That’s quite unusual. Most gingers are male apparently.

She’s lovely. I hope she settles in soon. She’s found a good family.

Aww thanks QB. Apparently the last family who adopted her brought her back within a week because she was taking too long to adapt to them. So we're determined to win her over now coz we can't accept failure. :D Baby steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Aww thanks QB. Apparently the last family who adopted her brought her back within a week because she was taking too long to adapt to them. So we're determined to win her over now coz we can't accept failure. :D Baby steps.

I don't get that attitude. It takes as long as it takes surely?

Edit: the other guys, not you Molly Clan!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well between myself and Mr Molly we have the next two weeks off to spend time with her. We're taking turns sitting in the room just talking nonsense out loud to get her used to our scent and the sound of our voices. We're confident that it'll work and we won't be giving up on her anyway.

I've a tin of tuna sitting downstairs for her dinner to see if she'll go for that. If all else fails, go with bribery. 😀

She's fab Molly! I love ginger cats!

One of my cats was the same when he we took him home. He was barely used to humans and just hid all the time. I did the exact same as you and sat in the room with him, ignoring him but reading a book aloud to let him get used to my presence and my voice. I used a book because it helped to keep me entertained so I wouldn't be tempted to start trying to pet him or anything. After a few days of that he was coming out to watch me read and by end of the week he was sitting on my shoulder chewing my hair while I read! :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    I don't get that attitude. It takes as long as it takes surely?

Edit: the other guys, not you Molly Clan!
    Yeah even the guys at the adoption centre were quite annoyed with them. They made it really clear to us that she was going to take a ton of time to settle in and get comfortable with us. We were happy to have it take as long as needed coz she's a stunner and another quiet cat would suit Pangur.

She's fab Molly! I love ginger cats!

One of my cats was the same when he we took him home. He was barely used to humans and just hid all the time. I did the exact same as you and sat in the room with him, ignoring him but reading a book aloud to let him get used to my presence and my voice. I used a book because it helped to keep me entertained so I wouldn't be tempted to start trying to pet him or anything. After a few days of that he was coming out to watch me read and by end of the week he was sitting on my shoulder chewing my hair while I read! :D

That is such a relief to hear. She's been investigating the room we have her in a lot today and spent a lot of time looking out the window too and snoozing on the couch so I'm hopeful that she'll feel comfortable enough to come out and investigate us too in time. I'm really encouraged by your experience though so thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

someone stole my life juice :eek:

486734.png

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

tusk wrote: »
    someone stole my life juice :eek:

486734.png

Are you donating? That's great!

I get really ticked off whenever I'm reminded that they won't take mine. :(

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Are you donating? That's great!

I get really ticked off whenever I'm reminded that they won't take mine. :(

Not of my own volition haha, Had to get blood tests :pac:

Ah it really sucks when they wont take you Choccy.

Some of the restrictions are mental!

tusk wrote: »
    Not of my own volition haha, Had to get blood tests :pac:

Ah it really sucks when they wont take you Choccy.

Some of the restrictions are mental!

Hope you're ok!

Hope you're ok!

Ah yeah I'm grand. Nothing mad, just some routine checks :cool:

Yeah I've never been allowed to donate as I was living in the UK during the 80s :(

I pass out every time I see a needle so they don’t really like trying getting my blood at the IBTS. I have tried several times but they say not to go again.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I pass out every time I see a needle so they don’t really like trying getting my blood at the IBTS. I have tried several times but they say not to go again.

Similar thing happened me on my first try.

The nurse came over and asked was I okay.. i said 'yeah I'm fine, just a bit warm'...

Next thing I know theres about 5 of them around me flinging my bed upside down and I was just like WTF, I'm always warm...

:pac::pac::pac:

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah I've never been allowed to donate as I was living in the UK during the 80s :(

Yep. They don't want my foreign blood.

I just had a quick check and 2 people have died in the UK from vCJD since 2012. About 3 people die in the UK from being struck by lightening every year. :confused:

Yep. They don't want my foreign blood.

I just had a quick check and 2 people have died in the UK from vCJD since 2012. About 3 people die in the UK from being struck by lightening every year. :confused:
    They can’t take the risk. They still won’t take MSM blood...

sullivlo wrote: »
    They can’t take the risk. They still won’t take MSM blood...

Yep. And my mates who practice MSM are getting themselves checked a lot more often than heteros.

I don't agree with either rule to be honest, but then it's not me who would have to carry the can if something happened.

• Advertisement

It's a real shame as my dad has a rare blood type (dont ask me what one lol) and religiously gave blood every time they were in town but he's also now prohibited cos he worked there in the same timeframe.

Of course I get why they can't take the risk but it is a shame. I'd do the same if I was allowed.

My phobia of needles is a little weird. No issue with them being in or around me but if I see someone else getting jabbed I get all woozy :o

I had to leave the room when my wife was getting an epidural it's that bad :(

I had to leave the room when my wife was getting an epidural it's that bad :(

Necro! I'd be wanting more than a pair of shoes after that! :D

Necro! I'd be wanting more than a pair of shoes after that! :D

I came back in after the anaesthetist was gone fwiw :pac:

The rest didn't bother me at all, just the big ass needle I was like...

tenor.gif

Yep. And my mates who practice MSM are getting themselves checked a lot more often than heteros.

I don't agree with either rule to be honest, but then it's not me who would have to carry the can if something happened.
    Exactly. It’s not something I routinely discuss with my friends so I don’t know for sure if any of my straight friends get STI checks but my gay friends do. They’re probably more cautious with contraception too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah I've had an epidural. It's not that bad apart from the weird popping in your back - they give you a local before the big needle goes in if you can hold still.

Had to google MSM. "Men who practice MSM..." On what? An armband? I suppose if you look at it from a logistics point of view, once you identify a marker that's associated with a high probability of not using the blood and/or a tiny statistical chance of a massive law suit down the line you'll try to save money by just blanket-refusing anyone who hits the marker regardless of how it might be percieved or how unfair it is. I wonder how long it is since they've reviewed their policies though, sounds very early-80s.

Banjo wrote: »
    Had to google MSM.

Same :/

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah I've had an epidural. It's not that bad apart from the weird popping in your back - they give you a local before the big needle goes in if you can hold still.

Had to google MSM. "Men who practice MSM..." On what? An armband?

*Urge to google on work PC rising*

Must. Resist.

Must. Resist.

Males who have sex with males.

Must. Resist.

Or mainstream media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No, I think it's the first one, the pictures I got back were not that mainstream.
    Or maybe they are and I'm way out of touch, maybe I should check out this Love Island thing I keep hearing about.

Advertisement