Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

fixXxer wrote: »
    Cheers. We were having a water fight in the front garden and the phone got smashed and soaked ;_;

F
    Sounds like you could do with a fixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sullivlo wrote: »
    Sounds like you could do with a fixer.

tenor.gif?itemid=7320811

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm in a queue for a shop. No big deal - the new normal. However the person behind me doesn't understand personal space, nevermind social distancing. I keep comically stepping away from her, but every time the queue moves again, there she is beside me again.

What is the correct protocol and etiquette for such situations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm in a queue for a shop. No big deal - the new normal. However the person behind me doesn't understand personal space, nevermind social distancing. I keep comically stepping away from her, but every time the queue moves again, there she is beside me again.

Deploying flamethrower seems reasonable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Politely ask her to move back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I had one of these last week before I had to lock myself away for two weeks.

Big smelly backstard, I was paying for my stuff and he starts loading up his items right beside me.

Cashier asked him to move back and he snapped at them telling them to fcuk off :eek:

Some people should be just put on a boat and floated out to sea so we don't have to deal with them ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think we should all be given 2 metre length sticks.../(ò.ó)┛彡┻━┻

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

quickbeam wrote: »
    Politely ask her to move back.

2K8.gif

What is this good level headed advice doing on my internet??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Stab 'em in their stupid f**king face!!!...

...I probably shouldn't be allowed near people.

What is this good level headed advice doing on my internet??

It doesn't always work. I got abused when asking someone to keep their distance, but I think it's always best to at least start with the assumption that people will oblige and only afterwards escalate it if they don't.

• Advertisement

Turn round and do one of those about to sneeze faces at the same time give em the evil eye.

Or fart really loudly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Turn around and gaze lovingly into their eyes. even when the queue moves on stay there. stay strong.

if they try to get around you, side step into their way. when they've had enough, sneeze in their face

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here folks,

Have some anagram fun during lockdown.

IMG-20200408-WA0002.jpg?width=427&height=427

I cycled to work today and cycled home. Borrowed my dad's bike. Cheating slightly as it has a little motor on it for the really hard bits but still feel I got some exercise out of it.

That's a decent ride. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I cycled to work today and cycled home. Borrowed my dad's bike. Cheating slightly as it has a little motor on it for the really hard bits but still feel I got some exercise out of it.

I’ve started cycling out to the farm since I got laid off. I forgot how sore your arse gets!

Oh, a saddle cushion is a must. I got mine in Lidl. Keep an eye out.

Yeah the undercarriage gets a bit uncomfortable with all the holes in the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Politely say "If it wasn't for covid-19, I would slap you for lack of attention to social distancing" :D:D

• Advertisement

Well my barber shop opened up a couple of hours ago. Yey :)

Health & Safety stormed in not long after and closed me down. Seemingly, you don’t chop moles off when you chop hair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Easter all!

Happy Easter kitty xxx

This is my new favourite thing:

https://quickdraw.withgoogle.com/#

quickbeam wrote: »
    This is my new favourite thing:

https://quickdraw.withgoogle.com/#

And there goes the rest of my day! :D

For example:

509817.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Don't really get it, it tells you what to draw, you draw it, then it tells you what you've drawn?

I'm sure I'm missing something.

That's basically it, Kol. But you've only 20 seconds per drawing. And it doesn't always get what you're drawing. At least, I'm crap at it, so it doesn't always get what I'm drawing. The artistes among us probably would do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

5/6

509818.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh I've actually been playing that for ages. I am terrible at drawing! Especially in such a short space of time.

Advertisement