Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

fixXxer wrote: »
    Im gonna buy one of these next pay day.

Hand cutting home made chips is awfully labour intensive.

Does it work let me know this might be the greatest thing ive ever seen, cutting veg is a c word no doubt, ill go with chore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I love to cook too and invent things too - at the moment I'm trying to preserve all the fresh garden herbs - making chive oil, pesto, vingerettes etc - also scone making (I use greek yogurt - so I will deffo try Sully's recipe for flat bread as I just bought a big tub of yogurt! now how do we come up with a food related game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I love cooking, so does Mrs Trigs.. I made a beef Satay last night from scratch and a chicken curry the night before..

Mrs trigs currently has a slow cooker chilli on for tonight and tomorrow :D

All slimming world by the way, herself does it, I just eat the food ha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretzill wrote:
    I love to cook too and invent things too - at the moment I'm trying to preserve all the fresh garden herbs - making chive oil, pesto, vingerettes etc - also scone making (I use greek yogurt - so I will deffo try Sully's recipe for flat bread as I just bought a big tub of yogurt! now how do we come up with a food related game

I can run a cookery game based on Sheep/Peehs at the weekend if people would like.....

I’d like to run a sheepy heepy oeehsy game using QBs method.

Everyone gets the answers (numbered) and has to use random number generator to pick which answer to submit. Then to make it more interesting could have something like minus ten points for 3rd most chosen, x2 for second most chosen, 25 bonus points for an ace.

Summat like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^^ Guaranteed EVERYONE ends up mid-table :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Necro wrote: »
    I can run a cookery game based on Sheep/Peehs at the weekend if people would like.....

Always up for a bit of Sheep/Peehs - I was thinking like choose 4 ingredients and be given an extra surprise one and see what can be made :o

Obviously there's some finessing to be done with that idea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Necro wrote: »

Just to confirm, you are making lamb chops for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah, I'd murder someone just for a Boojum at this stage.

Not sure if its the same down South but in Belfast Boojum are still doing a click and collect for food. 100% essential journey as far as I'm concerned.

Lads why has no one made a TV show about Jerry Lee Lewis' life? It is BATSH1T INSANE!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Lee_Lewis

They made a film with Denis Quaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Not sure if its the same down South but in Belfast Boojum are still doing a click and collect for food. 100% essential journey as far as I'm concerned.

My nearest Boojum is a good half-hour drive away, even if I could doge all the guards, I think I'll just wait until I can "legally" go and get one again. :D

quickbeam wrote: »
    They made a film with Denis Quaid.

I may have a look out for that. He even lived in Ireland for 4 years in the 90's. What??? I'm sure there's a 5 season HBO series in his life.

I don’t like burritos. Don’t get the attraction at all at all.

Tried in Australia, wasn’t impressed. Tried again when a place opened near home which confirmed my dislike.

Didn't know about him living in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Lads why has no one made a TV show about Jerry Lee Lewis' life? It is BATSH1T INSANE!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Lee_Lewis

There was a film made in 1989 starring Dennis Quaid as Jerry Lee, Great Balls of Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Now I want a burrito but I have already done the shopping and food plan for the week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Quiet morning here. Trying to figure out how an Animal Crossing WW game would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

My nearest Boojum is a good half-hour drive away, even if I could doge all the guards, I think I'll just wait until I can "legally" go and get one again. :D

Ditto. So close yet so far.

My burrito buddy in work has agreed as soon as we can, we will be going on a burrito mission. Come on Leo....help a brother out....

Could we try a zoom WW some evening?

I'd be up for that!

• Advertisement

Good idea

Oh and given that we're sharing food: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/27827/keema-with-beef--pork-and-egg.aspx

I made this the other day. Served it with naan but it would be equally delicious with the flatbread I posted.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd be up for that!

Is there a way we could use the game generator on discord/popcorn to assign roles and then just use zoom to play?

Yeah, that'd work. If anyone who wanted to play w.ined and we started and everyone got their role by Discord, but instead of typing our accusations we revert to camera and pointing fingers. The vig could either use Discord to shoot, or we could just assume that anyone shot will be honest with the roles they were given so we could ignore Discord once it had started.

Or, we could use Necro's cards as inspiration. A game mod wouldn't need physical cards, just something to randomise, and a way to let each person know their role privately. More complex for sure, but maybe a PM here or on Discord would work.

Sure, at beers we kinda make it up as we go along anyway, so we could do the same on Zoom. :D

Suggest we start a dedicated thread :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sullivlo wrote:
    Could we try a zoom WW some evening?

Great idea, just did a quiz with some mates last night over Zoom which was quite fun despite my own trepidation initially

Ah man. I wanna play but I also need to get to the hairdresser for a colour :D

• Advertisement

Ah man. I wanna play but I also need to get to the hairdresser for a colour :D

My boss video called me yesterday out of the blue. No makeup, greasy hair, cat hair covered clothes, sitting on my couch. I was not best pleased.

Advertisement