Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I had similar the other week. Had showered that morning. Sitting in my dressing gown, hair wrapped in towel - and BOOM - video call!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I was in the nip the first time he video called. He didnt call again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any good Tribond players here?

What’s Tribond?

Three words, linked by a common word

e.g. Brand, Maiden, Nick. Common word would be Name.

Friend sent me one and I cant figure them out

• Advertisement

Put the words here

File attached. Anyone who completes it gets a surprise.

I’m as far as flakes, hair, beer mug and I’m stumped. Do I continue?

I’m as far as flakes, hair, beer mug and I’m stumped. Do I continue?

Depends, how badly do you want a hastily thrown together and ill thought out surprise?? :D

Nick, brand, maiden = NAME
    Slide, Slip, Square = KNOT
    Dinner, Home, Licence = PLATE
    The Rookie, The Gauntlet, The Enforcer = DIRTY HARRY/CLINT EASTWOOD
    Doc, Julie, Isaac = THE LOVE BOAT
    John Alden, Miles Standish, Captain Christopher Jones = MAYFLOWER
    An Iceberg, A tongue, A waitress = TIP
    Conspirators, novels, cemeteries = PLOTS
    Killer Whales, old TVs, referees = BLACK AND WHITE
    Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, corned beef = REUBEN SANDWICH
    An actor, crowded amusement park, football field = LINES
    Flakes, Hair, A beer mug = ????
    Bull, Hound, Sheep = DOG
    House, War, Finger = PAINT
    A joke, A safe, A whip = CRACK
    A bull, A car, A shoe salesman = HORN
    Head, Tail, Cross = WIND
    A Shoulder, A fan, An ice skate = BLADE
    A boat, A cradle, The stones = THEY ROCK
    Fishing, Finish, Dotted = LINE

• Advertisement

Good stuff Strawbs. They were beyond me. Only one I got was Clint Eastwood.

Just missing the beer mug one. What were you stuck on fix?

Head and flakes made me think dandruff, but that doesn't fit with beer mug.

Just missing the beer mug one. What were you stuck on fix?

All except 1 and 3 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Would foam work? As in dandruff shampoo or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Frosted/frostie? Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Flakes, hair and Beer mug is Head, surely?
    Unless you take care of your scalp. Which I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Banjo wrote: »
    Flakes, hair and Beer mug is Head, surely?
    Unless you take care of your scalp. Which I don't.

Would it be snow?

Snow Beer Mug sounds like an American thing. But I've heard of snow white hair and snowflakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

25th April. It really is the ideal date. Not too hot. Not too cold. I probably only need a light jacket.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Pretzill wrote: »
    Would it be snow?

Snow Beer Mug sounds like an American thing. But I've heard of snow white hair and snowflakes :)

Ah close with the snow hair. Pretty sure the answer is frosted:
    oJ0XHD3a_400x400.jpg81nwhWph7vL._SX425_.jpgfrosted-mug-header.jpg

Very american clues there :pac:

Edit: Just noticed Barney got it first!

• Advertisement

Okay, clever cooks and bakers - any EASY treats I can make with eggs and flour and granulated sugar and spreadable butter?

Any recepies I've found tend to look for baking soda (don't have any), or caster sugar (just got the plain stuff I use in my coffee), or self raising flour (I just got plain white stuff).

Nothing that requires machines either. I don't have an electric whisk, or mixer.

I also don't have any milk.

Anything, like scones, or fairy cakes, or sponges I could make as a treat?

Shortbread or other types of biscuit. Most say caster sugar but I’m sure granulated would do.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/shortbread_1290/amp

quickbeam wrote: »
    Okay, clever cooks and bakers - any EASY treats I can make with eggs and flour and granulated sugar and spreadable butter?

Any recepies I've found tend to look for baking soda (don't have any), or caster sugar (just got the plain stuff I use in my coffee), or self raising flour (I just got plain white stuff).

Nothing that requires machines either. I don't have an electric whisk, or mixer.

I also don't have any milk.

Anything, like scones, or fairy cakes, or sponges I could make as a treat?

Rock buns? Castor sugar is just a finer form of granulated - so you could cream the butter and sugar, add eggs and flour and anything else - (dried fruit, grated apple, vanilla - squished banana, lemons - and make a little sponge cake or a tray bake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sullivlo wrote: »
    The bread I made yesterday:

Equal volumes of greek yoghurt and self raising flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix until a dough is formed and then knead until springy. Roll to required thickness and dry fry on a hot pan. Amazing.

(I used a little more flour than suggested because my yoghurt was quite runny so just use enough flour so that the dough doesn't just look like a gloopy mess, depending on the consistency of your yoghurt)

Update: Made these this evening. I forgot the pinch of salt which I do think would make a difference but even without it these were awesome. A total success. 150g of yoghurt and flour made 4 little flatbreads. Perfect for soaking up the curry. Thanks Sully! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hi folks, looking to see if there would be any interest in a weekly photoshop(any old image editing can do a good job) competition. There used to be one in the cool pics n vids forum that was very popular. I've linked to the archive there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727020

If there would be interest I have no problem setting it up and choosing the pictures each week/determining the winner etc.

As I said you can use really anything these days to alter images, on phone I use an App called PicsArt which is really easy and fun to use, I personally use decent programmes on desktop, used to use photoshop but now use Affinity Photo, but there is plenty of free ones like GIMP, PicMonkey and Canva.

It would all be for a bit of fun during Lockdown anyways so the more surreal, and like the MSPaint games the worse the better :D

Anyways let me know what ye all think

Equal volumes of greek yoghurt and self raising flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix until a dough is formed and then knead until springy. Roll to required thickness and dry fry on a hot pan. Amazing.

I turned your flatbread into a delicious pizza base for dinner yesterday. Very tasty and got over the fact I haven't been able to get strong white flour to make yeast dough, a very acceptable alternative - notwithstanding that most things loaded with cheese taste good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Just an FYI for those who don't follow the off-site werewolf thread but maybe be interested to know, Barney is playing in the Werewolf (mafia) Championships.
    These games are an annual event where werewolf sites from all over the world come together to compete. Barney will be representing boards.ie in these games.

If you are interested and want to join me and others as we follow along and support barney on his journey, then you can find more info by following this link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Trigger wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking to see if there would be any interest in a weekly photoshop(any old image editing can do a good job) competition. There used to be one in the cool pics n vids forum that was very popular. I've linked to the archive there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727020

If there would be interest I have no problem setting it up and choosing the pictures each week/determining the winner etc.

As I said you can use really anything these days to alter images, on phone I use an App called PicsArt which is really easy and fun to use, I personally use decent programmes on desktop, used to use photoshop but now use Affinity Photo, but there is plenty of free ones like GIMP, PicMonkey and Canva.

It would all be for a bit of fun during Lockdown anyways so the more surreal, and like the MSPaint games the worse the better :D

Anyways let me know what ye all think

I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tusk wrote: »
    I'd be interested

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058075117/1/#post113404950

It's been set up and can be found above, scroll to the bottom to find the current weeks pictures, new pictures to work with every sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

(I used a little more flour than suggested because my yoghurt was quite runny so just use enough flour so that the dough doesn't just look like a gloopy mess, depending on the consistency of your yoghurt)

I made these last night, they were excellent! Thanks Sulli :)

I had to up the flour too, 50/50 was too runny. Next time I'm confident I'll be able to do it by eye. Brilliant recipe, super easy and really tasty, made my curry even better

How's everyone doing in lockdown?

Getting on alright here. We're due number two in Sept which is great, a little brother for our little girl :) My poor wife suffers badly from pregnancy sickness though and has had a rough ride, touch wood she seems to be through it now. That's why I've not been playing as much recently, trying to look after her and number one as best I can, not had much free time. I'm back now though, I trust you all missed me :p

I even have a new sheep idea for next week maybe ;)

Advertisement