Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Update on the trampoline... It has arrived!!!

Bad news... Now I have to assemble it.

Also bad, the box is 79 kilos and I can't lift it :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

But on the plus side, there's rain forecast for most of the next week, so there's no point in putting it together for the time being. Might as well get yourself a beer and have a good read of the assembly instructions so you're good and ready for when it stops raining.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can live with rain. But go away wind!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zaph wrote:
    But on the plus side, there's rain forecast for most of the next week, so there's no point in putting it together for the time being. Might as well get yourself a beer and have a good read of the assembly instructions so you're good and ready for when it stops raining.

Haha that sounds amazing but the kids have already seen the box. There's no hope for me, I am already lost :pac:

It’s rained every day since we assembled the outside sofa dining set! I’ve been out with the cushions, in with the cushions. And I dunno how many times I’ve tripped over the parasol that’s lying on the floor in the hallway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

It’s rained every day since we assembled the outside sofa dining set! I’ve been out with the cushions, in with the cushions. And I dunno how many times I’ve tripped over the parasol that’s lying on the floor in the hallway.
    On behalf of the Irish population, please disassemble your garden furniture.

sKeith wrote: »
    I've just redone a tiny batch there, to figure out better the quantities.

I don't have any scales, so everything done by volume and with tablespoons. Maybe they are equal by weight, but as i don't weight anything, maybe thats why i was so off and had to add so much more flour.

So, I have found, to get the dough non sticky, and be able to work with it, i needed a little over twice the quantity of flour as to greek yogurt, measuring by volume.

and 2 tablespoonful of yogurt and 4 tablespoonful of flour with pinch of salt, is enough to make a decent pan size sample.
    For me it entirely depends on the yoghurt I use. A thick, proteinaceous, full fat Greek yoghurt will require less flour than the 0% fat, Greek style Yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is the champagne of dairy products. Unless it’s made in Greece it has to be called Greek style.

Managed to get out this morning before the worst of the weather. Whew!

Bad news on the weather front I'm afraid folks, my barbecue is scheduled to be delivered today. That probably means another 40 days of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Yep, got the forecast.

OblongBeneficialHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

Today is going to be a very good day.

Woke up to a message from my hairdressers wanting to get me booked in for a colour and cut. That message was better than a message saying I’d won the lottery!

The book I started today turns out to have pages missing. Am raging!!! All my monthly reading plans scuppered! :(

quickbeam wrote: »
    The book I started today turns out to have pages missing. Am raging!!! All my monthly reading plans scuppered! :(

Oh no! What book is it? Could you see if anyone could scan the pages in for you?

Ach, sure I've just bought a copy so should be here in a few days I guess (physical books ftw!) I'll start something else in the mean-time.

The OCD in me doesn't like it. The pragmatist in me says get the feck on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »

I remember when I was a teenager and had a fight with my sister she ripped pages out of my favourite book and burnt them. She knew exactly how to hurt me the most. I still have the book with the pages ripped out. I've never forgiven her. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The first iPhone was released 13 years ago today. Over 2 billion units shipped since. Never had one myself but I can appreciate their quality, if a little pricey

I'm not an Apple disciple (I have a PC, not a Mac), but I do like the iPhone over the last Samsung Android that I had. I think I'll stick with them for my phone at least.

I hate using my wife's iPhone, I can't get used to it at all. Love my OnePlus, I think I'll be sticking with them for a bit.

I have a Nokia 7.2. When my iPhone died I couldn’t afford to replace it so I got a Nokia. Love it actually! Still have an iPad but replaced my MacBook with a PC last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

The Last Kingdom is part Historical with an added character based on the authors own lineage. It is very good.

I read lots of different genre's. I had been recently reading a lot of Amanda Prowse books. She takes things that happen in life and write books and they are very good. For instance, one book was based around sepsis and all proceeds were given to the charity for sepsis. It was written to raise awareness.

Here is the lead character... :D

0_16-TLK4_JA_250919_NZ72232JPG.jpg

so i've binged watched this over the last ~2 weeks :o

very enjoyable. hopefully season 5 will be out in the not too distant future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You guys are as geeky as me right?
    You might love this, it's mesmerising...

https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1275804423432876035?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

so i've binged watched this over the last ~2 weeks :o

very enjoyable. hopefully season 5 will be out in the not too distant future.

Binged this over about a two week period, great show! Really recommend it, went back to Vikings as I needed more and was left disappointed, such a good show when it started. Lost its way though! Need something new now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

duffman13 wrote: »
    Binged this over about a two week period, great show! Really recommend it, went back to Vikings as I needed more and was left disappointed, such a good show when it started. Lost its way though! Need something new now

might give vikings a go. travelers is a pretty good show:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5651844/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_7

its 3 seasons, on netflix. they could have drawn it out longer, but 3 seasons seems about correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im trying my best to get through Vikings S5 - it was such a good show up to S5! What happened?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I see this and appreciate it.

*Yoink*
    This will totally be shown to my students in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Baggly wrote: »
    Im trying my best to get through Vikings S5 - it was such a good show up to S5! What happened?!?!

Aye, I watch up till season 3 and then never went back, rewatched it and it was great for a while but goes downhill. Apparently spinoff shows are in the making.

If you like vikings, you'll love last kingdom

AHHHHH

Holidays for 10 days. Might not be doing much, but at least I don't have to work till the 13th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Necro wrote:
    Holidays for 10 days. Might not be doing much, but at least I don't have to work till the 13th

I was in switched off mode last week. Badly needed to just zone out.

Was impossible to get back into work mode, only just about back in it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

For those who recall, I adopted a second cat (we called her Síonna) around about this time last year. The scardiest cat I've ever come across. Refused to come out from behind the couch for about 5 months when we were in the room with her. We pulled our hair out trying to coax her out.

Well......I thought folks might appreciate a small update, so here she is wedged in between myself and my husband last night. :D
    520318.jpg

Since we've been at home for lockdown she has taken to hopping up on the couch between us and begging for belly rubs. She is the most affectionate cat ever and is so sweet and playful. She's still super skittish and will hide if new people come into the house but she's not too bad with us. Her and our other cat Pangur tolerate each other mostly but Pangur is definitely topcat and can make Síonna scamper with just a look.

It only took a year! I never have any patience but I did for this and it was so worth it. Yay happy endings :)

Advertisement