Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Very disappointed this wasn't a new game for us all, I was very intrigued by the title :D

There was once even an actual forum for the query :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Zaph wrote: »
    There was once even an actual forum for the query :D
    Ha ha, brilliant!
    Looks very unused, shall we go and take it over and run games there? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

There's a juggling forum too!!!

Ha ha, brilliant!
    Looks very unused, shall we go and take it over and run games there? :pac:

It was deactivated a few years ago, can't be used any more. It came about after some BGRH shenanigans, probably drink fuelled, iirc.

Look someone needs to step up and invent a bouncy castle game for here now..

I don't know what it would be about, or how it may work but it needs to happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Look someone needs to step up and invent a bouncy castle game for here now..

I don't know what it would be about, or how it may work but it needs to happen :D

Bouncy Castle SHEEPEEHS

Even numbered questions are SHEEP, Odd numbered questions are PEEHS, the winner is the one who's score is mid-bounce (aka. middle of the pack) when the game ends.

Sounds like an absolute head melt, so someone else can tinker with the idea and run it if they want... Might appeal to the more sadistic gamerunners who like seeing people have mental breakdowns... :D

Bouncy Castle SHEEPEEHS

Even numbered questions are SHEEP, Odd numbered questions are PEEHS, the winner is the one who's score is mid-bounce (aka. middle of the pack) when the game ends.

Sounds like an absolute head melt, so someone else can tinker with the idea and run it if they want... Might appeal to the more sadistic gamerunners who like seeing people have mental breakdowns... :D

There are non-sadistic gamerunners? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Zaph wrote: »
    There are non-sadistic gamerunners? :confused:

Note my use of "the more sadistic gamerunners"... suggesting that there are varying levels of sadism rather than a lack of sadism altogether. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think that's a little too sadistic even for my taste :D

But I might see how it could possibly work seeing as I've been referred for a Covid test.... AGAIN.

FML

Necro wrote: »
    I think that's a little too sadistic even for my taste :D

But I might see how it could possibly work seeing as I've been referred for a Covid test.... AGAIN.

FML

unclean-unclean.jpg

Fingers crossed it's negative.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It had better be I already had it in October!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It had better be I already had it in October!!!
    Wow, really? All OK?
    In the news today that they reckon you're safe for five months, so you should be fine, hopefully

Wow, really? All OK?
    In the news today that they reckon you're safe for five months, so you should be fine, hopefully

Yeah all is good, I've been back in office and all since December. I don't think it's anything but the GP downplayed my symptoms in October and I think is erring on the side of caution this time :cool:

Literally just my normal issue of my chest playing up which has brought on a cough so better be safe than sorry I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah Necro I feel for ya. Ive had 2 tests, little one has had 5 all negative thank god but its a horrible experience.

My little one took it like a champ and herself and the nurse had a good laugh as I gagged my way through mine.

Fingers crossed for ya buddy.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah Necro I feel for ya. Ive had 2 tests, little one has had 5 all negative thank god but its a horrible experience.

My little one took it like a champ and herself and the nurse had a good laugh as I gagged my way through mine.

Cheers beaker, my two fellas had two tests as well as they were (obviously) close contacts of mine in October, both negative but took them well. Three year old took it like a champ and our seven year old had a fit of sneezing after first nostril was assaulted :pac:

Such a weird thing though, wife and both kids tested negative twice which was hugely confusing as it's impossible to self-isolate with kids in the house, we were on full lockdown for 21 days really, really don't want to go back to that :(

Cheers beaker, my two fellas had two tests as well as they were (obviously) close contacts of mine in October, both negative but took them well. Three year old took it like a champ and our seven year old had a fit of sneezing after first nostril was assaulted :pac:

Such a weird thing though, wife and both kids tested negative twice which was hugely confusing as it's impossible to self-isolate with kids in the house, we were on full lockdown for 21 days really, really don't want to go back to that :(

Negative for Covid. Positive for being a lunatic though unfortunately :P

Negative for Covid. Positive for being a lunatic though unfortunately :P

Hope your nostrils have recovered.

Hope your nostrils have recovered.

Funnily enough it wasn't that bad. The first test was way worse, maybe it depends on the tester :D

Funnily enough it wasn't that bad. The first test was way worse, maybe it depends on the tester :D

It does. First tester was in and out like a thief in the night.

The next one got right up in my grill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I had to do the test on myself in the car. Was quite difficult to guesstimate how long 10 seconds was when you're jabbing a swab up your nose.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I had to do the test on myself in the car. Was quite difficult to guesstimate how long 10 seconds was when you're jabbing a swab up your nose.

I didn't even relaise self testing kits were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I think that's just how they run the testing centres up in Northern Ireland - sister in law had to swab herself and the two kids. An unpleasant experience for all I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

You pick up a pack of 10 antigen tests online cheap enough. Worth it for piece of mind if having to drop stuff to elderly or vulnerable people

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    I dont know where to post this, so I'll post it here :)

I'm playing a werewolf game over on 2+2 at the moment with a very heavy in depth theme. If people want to read something extremely technical then feel free to follow the links here ::

Game Thread :: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/politics-werewolf-game-episode-ii-empire-strikes-back-game-thread-1784561/

Game Design FAQ for technical explanations :: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/politics-werewolf-game-episode-ii-empire-strikes-back-game-preview-q-amp-1784301/

And I'm playing as Telcontar :)

Game over. 10,700 posts might be a bit of re-read for some people, but a very interesting game. I was a wolf and i was flying it until the mass claim and then it all went tits up lol. But a very fun game once you got to grips with the mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I’m new around here. I am scared of werewolves but I am great at howling in the middle of the night.

541166.jpeg

Awwwww just look at that face.

What his/her name?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Her name is Sally.

Welcome to Forum Games, Sally. I’d bet you’d be great at sniffing out those werewolves. And you look like you’d master a game of sheep too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That is a very boopable nose right there.

Advertisement