Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's probably the nanobots and the 5G ;)

:pac: Very likely so! As an aside EN have you yet accepted Bill Gates as our supreme overlord?

If not would you like to?

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    :pac: Very likely so! As an aside EN have you yet accepted Bill Gates as our supreme overlord?

If not would you like to?

:D:D
    I've only had one jab so I'm still partly in control, I'll surrender all control in three weeks :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Getting my Moderna tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »

Second jab QB or is this your first? Delighted for ya!

First. Am aprehensive tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got my second Pfizer jab this morning, absolutely buzzing all day about it :D

It's a great feeling to get the second one done all right. Now you need to check how magnetic you are. There's a mental thread in CT about people sticking magnets to the spots on their arms where they were injected. :D

All I had from my first jab was a sore arm for about 24hrs. They do reckon with the mRNA the second jab is worse for feeling icky afterwards but so far I've nothing but again, a stiff arm.

Zaph my wife tried the magnetic thing on me after the first one and it resulted in a broken fridge magnet :pac::pac:

Zaph wrote: »
    It's a great feeling to get the second one done all right. Now you need to check how magnetic you are. There's a mental thread in CT about people sticking magnets to the spots on their arms where they were injected. :D
    Read the first few pages of that, it was brilliant :pac:

Good luck! You'll be fine. My wife got moderna, slight arm ache but nothing worse

I've had both my Moderna shots. Arm was sore for a couple of days afterwards, but other than that all good. If you're apprehensive about needles, no need to worry about that, it's so small you don't even feel it.

Nah, am fine with needles. It's the after effects that I'm apprehensive about.

For entirely different reasons I had a blood test today and I've very uncooperative veins so ended up with three needles in me before they found a vein will to provide. So, just as well it's not the needles that I'm bothered about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'll be getting my second dose of Astrazeneca a month from tomorrow. I was so excited getting the first shot the army medic thought it was hilarious. I did get knocked pretty hard for about 24 hours with symptoms but I was grand after that. The worst was the fever.

quickbeam wrote:
    For entirely different reasons I had a blood test today and I've very uncooperative veins so ended up with three needles in me before they found a vein will to provide. So, just as well it's not the needles that I'm bothered about.

:D I had that issue with my antigen test last summer, took the nurse ages to get a vein working to draw blood

I got a first dose of Pfizer last week, friend got moderna the same day.
    I was wiped out about 48 hrs later, just for half a day, she was fupped for about two days.

But that's a good thing, they say, means it's working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Neowise

They inject into muscle, not vein, so that's good news for you.

:D I had that issue with my antigen test last summer, took the nurse ages to get a vein working to draw blood
    I used to work for the National Blood Service in the UK so would always donate, and I'm fine with needles. Once they asked if a trainee could put the needle in, so I said yes. Poor girl was so nervous and tried 5 or 6 times, missing every time. Then the senior one took over and just hit it first time, no bother. I felt so bad for the one training I didn't say anything but it hurt like hell, the next day I looked like I'd been in a fight, I was covered in bruises :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Got my 2nd dose there myself. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Just think...a few side effects are much better than a dose of COVID

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Just think...a few side effects are much better than a dose of COVID

This was my thinking. I had a fever and aches and felt like dried ****e for 24 hours. So much better than actually getting Covid though.

Ach, I know all that. It's just hard for the feelings to catch up with the knowledge.

I can't remember the last time I was sick - over a decade ago, I reckon, so the prospect of feeling sick, even for a short time isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Just pre-emtively dose yourself up with paracetemol and take to your bed if you feel the slightest bit crap. Sleep it off as best as possible.

• Advertisement

I used to work for the National Blood Service in the UK so would always donate, and I'm fine with needles. Once they asked if a trainee could put the needle in, so I said yes. Poor girl was so nervous and tried 5 or 6 times, missing every time. Then the senior one took over and just hit it first time, no bother. I felt so bad for the one training I didn't say anything but it hurt like hell, the next day I looked like I'd been in a fight, I was covered in bruises :o

I was having a procedure a few years back. It involved taking blood and separating it before injecting the plasma back into my knee. I'd had it done a few times and there was never any bother, but this time my surgeon decided to take the blood himself instead of waiting for the nurse to do it. My guess is that it was some time since he'd drawn blood, it was carnage. I don't know how many attempts he made, but all I can remember is that he had to mop a significant amount of blood off the floor when he was done, and like you it looked like I'd been hit with a baseball bat the day after. The best thing is that he once admitted to me, oddly just before he was due to perform an operation, that he didn't really like blood. :D

Zaph wrote: »
    I was having a procedure a few years back. It involved taking blood and separating it before injecting the plasma back into my knee. I'd had it done a few times and there was never any bother, but this time my surgeon decided to take the blood himself instead of waiting for the nurse to do it. My guess is that it was some time since he'd drawn blood, it was carnage. I don't know how many attempts he made, but all I can remember is that he had to mop a significant amount of blood off the floor when he was done, and like you it looked like I'd been hit with a baseball bat the day after. The best thing is that he once admitted to me, oddly just before he was due to perform an operation, that he didn't really like blood. :D
    5bba1y.gif

Yeah, OK, you win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Got my second Pfizer jab this morning, absolutely buzzing all day about it :D

Me too!! Thrilled and a little tired this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Getting my second pfizer jab next friday! can not wait. Had no symptoms at all with the first except a stiff arm the next morning. I was windmilling the arm like a pro after getting it. First thing I did was rub the injection site. Having a med student daughter has its uses :p

Things should be back to normal here in July and nearly all restrictions gone. They are doing 16+ at minute and plan on the 12+ from Monday if it gets approved.

Only 66 cases left in the while COuntry! lockdowns WORK! and so does mask wearing once you are out the house. Thank fook they took that road as normality is here for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I am getting my first dose of pfizer next week. Can't wait.

Had to stop reading the thread when people were discussing blood etc. Am v squeamish and pass out at the thoughts of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sullivlo wrote: »
    I am getting my first dose of pfizer next week. Can't wait.

Had to stop reading the thread when people were discussing blood etc. Am v squeamish and pass out at the thoughts of it.

I am a big pussy too. I am also scared of needles! didnt feel this one at all thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I'd a bit of pain after first dose of pfizer. Had second dose a few Wednesdays ago, sore arm after, then a "swelling of the skin" from Friday until Thursday, so the gp said, I'd have called it a rash. Was sore, a bit itchy, very red and spread from injection point to almost the whole top half of my arm... BUT was way better than getting covid, and I'd still do it again even if I knew that would happen. Worth it. Got to spend the day with my friend, even went back to hers for the first time in about 18 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I got AZ in March, due a 2nd dose in June. Might be a guinea pig and be getting Pifzer instead. Lots of uncertainty but happy enough to get AZ again. Hate needles though, was a grand experience all things considered. Had some temperature the night of it. Unreal, hopefully that doesn't happen again

5bba1y.gif

Yeah, OK, you win :D

I really think there were no winners that day :D

• Advertisement

How quickly do these symptoms kick in? I have to drive myself home and don't want to be feverish or swolen or sore doing so and risk having an accident.

Advertisement