Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm sad to say I feel like I'm living a double life. Vast majority of my RL friends wouldn't be into it at all. I've always been somewhat of the nerd of the group. I used to be embarrassed by that, I couldn't give a **** anymore! Life's too short. I'm still reluctant to share the extent of it though. I've changed my boards name a few times because RL friends found out my account name somehow. I prefer anonymity. My ex looked at me with two heads when I was describing the WW star wars game we had here.

Anonymity is gone now! Two headed ex. That narrows it right down. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

sKeith wrote:
    Anonymity is gone now! Two headed ex. That narrows it right down.

Who models for dunes but isn't Lisa snowdon!

Padraig Harrington

I've said too much

sKeith wrote: »
    Anonymity is gone now! Two headed ex. That narrows it right down. :D

Any time I cut one off, two more grew back in its place. Highly inconvenient.

Does anyone know why you can't get white/cream/ivory lenses in sunglasses, they don't seem to exist and Google hasn't helped (stupid google) would you not be able to see through them or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Does anyone know why you can't get white/cream/ivory lenses in sunglasses, they don't seem to exist and Google hasn't helped (stupid google) would you not be able to see through them or what

I would think there would be a light absorption issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Does anyone know why you would want white/cream/ivory lenses in sunglasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Funnily enough I just picked up my new prescription glasses and sunglasses yesterday. I am not best pleased about having to wear them again. Like a proper old person I refuse to accept that I even need them.
    But the sunglasses are pretty funky. They are standard black sunglasses though, none of this fancy white lenses like you young folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wearing glasses doesn't make you old.
    Having to take them off to rub your eyes makes you old.
    The eye test lady told me so, after I took my glasses off to rub my eyes.

**** I've done that about 6 times already this morning. The new glasses are making me nauseous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is it weird I haven't changed my glasses in about 6 years?

I've been for eye tests, etc but my eyesight hasn't got any better/worse since then.

My opticians hate seeing me coming because we have to do the dance over new frames.

Optician: 'Sure just have a look, we have these lovely ones here, and a second frame free.'

Necro: 'No thanks, these ones are grand, just some cleaning fluid please :)'

Optician: 'But... not even one pair? You get a second FREE'

Necro: 'Yeah, but these ones are fine, and I have to pay for the first.' (Pays and leaves)

Optician every two years without fail: giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That's what happens when you get old. Living just makes you sick. All those kids listening to ****ty music on their tinny speakers, zipping around on heelys with their computer animated ninja turtles and working eyes. And don't get me started on immigints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Banjo wrote: »
    That's what happens when you get old. Living just makes you sick. All those kids listening to ****ty music on their tinny speakers, zipping around on heelys with their computer animated ninja turtles and working eyes. And don't get me started on immigints!

50 isn’t old banjo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I have like 14 pairs of glasses, and I wear most of ‘em. What kind of person does that make me?

I have like 14 pairs of glasses, and I wear most of ‘em. What kind of person does that make me?

I'm a sunglass-a-holic I've bought 4 pairs so far this year! :eek:

It's just my personal belief but anyone who wears sunglasses is admitting defeat to the sun.

You have to look the sun straight in the eye or he will never respect you.

I'm a sunglass-a-holic I've bought 4 pairs so far this year! :eek:

No white lenses one's though I'll bet......

Pter wrote: »
    It's just my personal belief but anyone who wears sunglasses is admitting defeat to the sun.

You have to look the sun straight in the eye or he will never respect you.

I'm ok with that, I look super cool all the time :cool:

• Advertisement

No white lenses one's though I'll bet......

no of course not who'd want that?!!

All the rage these days. I hear there is even a thread about it on boards.ie

I like different coloured lenses, although the white lenses was just a thought that kinda got away from me

I like different coloured lenses, although the white lenses was just a thought that kinda got away from me

that made me lol!

I like lenses that make the world sepia toned, I literally like to see the world through rose coloured lenses!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro is very happy today.

Thank you mods for letting me set up a D&D account in similar vein to WerewolfGM....

Will make the upcoming newbie game run a lot smoother. :)

Also it's a handy way of hiding who's to blame when the DM kills us all off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

For once I can say it won't be me.

Weather is shocking. Booooourns.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ah sure it's a grand soft day!

You wouldn't put a duck out in it, so you wouldn't.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't put a duck out in it, so you wouldn't.

depends on how much you like ducks

depends on how much you like ducks

A duck is a duck is a duck TB. I cant be condoning anti-duck sentiment.

A duck is a duck is a duck TB. I cant be condoning anti-duck sentiment.

don't get me wrong some of my best dinners have been ducks

don't get me wrong some of my best dinners have been ducks

449108.jpg
    449109.jpg

Going to a wedding today. Just went to the wardrobe to take out my dress and I can’t find it! 3 wardrobes in the House and it’s in none of them. Had shoes and fascinator and nails based round that dress. **** it anyway.

No, I’m not the bride

Going to a wedding today. Just went to the wardrobe to take out my dress and I can’t find it! 3 wardrobes in the House and it’s in none of them. Had shoes and fascinator and nails based round that dress. **** it anyway.

No, I’m not the bride

Were else would you put a dress?? Are you sure you bought it? Was it being drycleaned? Has your partner thrown it out in a fit of rage?

If it's blue and black, it could be that illusion dress that looked gold and white.

I’ve worn it twice before. The shoes that I bought with it are here just no idea where the dress is. Dammit. Going to get my nails redone

This is wedding no2 of 3 in a five week period. Bought one new outfit and carefully planned that I wouldn’t be wearing the same dress to a wedding that a good lot of the crowd would have seen before. Now I’m going with dress no3 with wedding no2.

Ah it couldn't have just disappeared though. It must be somewhere in the house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Are you sure you're not wearing it now?

can happen, no joke.....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

No, I’m not the bride

Ah geez Mol, hope you get it, that is a disaster! you didnt send to get cleaned anywhere?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ah it couldn't have just disappeared though. It must be somewhere in the house!

How wild was the end of the last wedding you were at.......?

bottom of the laundry basket??

How wild was the end of the last wedding you were at.......?

Well it my own wedding and it was pretty sedate actually. Few drinks with the siblings and an aunt or 2 at 5am in the morning in the residents bar. My dress had ripped about halfway through the day so I was in dress #2 by that stage. I never lost the dress though!

Dry Cleaners and never picked it up?

• Advertisement

Any luck Strawbs?

God yeah I'm still wondering about the missing dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Strawbs........ have you checked any suitcases? Maybe a hot press? is it in a bundle of clothes in a backpack or gym bag?

Are you wearing it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Is there a prize/reward for the one of us who suggests the correct place to find it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement