Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pter wrote: »
    I glad you Vlad too Bj :-*

Damn autocorrect. I stand by it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I glad you Vlad before this week and I shall do so after today too.

I was gonna change my name, then someone coined a phrase after my playing style here and I couldnt change. I have fully embraced my name since!

Yeah, similar. Was considering a full change but would just cause a lot of confusion here :pac:

So just dropped the 'Minus' as no one used it for me anyways. Happy in my new skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Do you subscribers get to change once a year or something? I've noticed a few changes recently.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Do you subscribers get to change once a year or something? I've noticed a few changes recently.

You can subscribe for a month to get the change if you so wish. Didn't renew my subscription once I got what I wanted (Custom Avatar, slight name change).

Not really much extra these days anyways for subscribers.

Soooo happy. Cousin is acquiring me a ticket for the Arsenal Utd FA Cup match in a couple of weeks. Happen to be over that weekend for my uncle's surprise 70th.

Excited as embarrassingly I've never been to the Emirates for a game! Went to four games in Highbury but haven't had the chance to get over to see the new stadium (for a match, I did the tour when it opened years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro, you've broken my heart. An Arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Who do you follow Fixy?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Necro, you've broken my heart. An Arsenal fan.

:o For my sins. I'm more of an armchair fan these days I find I don't hate anyone really... Spurs aside, but they play such nice football these days AND their manager is quite likeable (apart from his un-natural hatred of VAR) that I couldn't say I HATE them....

I'm a United fan myself. Not as closely as I was back in my youth but still keep up as much as I can. Such fond memories of the SAF/Wenger rivalry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necro wrote: »
    :o For my sins. I'm more of an armchair fan these days I find I don't hate anyone really... Spurs aside, but they play such nice football these days AND their manager is quite likeable (apart from his un-natural hatred of VAR) that I couldn't say I HATE them....

Thought you were a United fan! You've gone way down in my estimation :D

I'm a United fan myself. Not as closely as I was back in my youth but still keep up as much as I can. Such fond memories of the SAF/Wenger rivalry :D

My estimation of Fixxxer rises

My estimation of Necro plummets.

If I had to choose, I know who Im picking to off in future games between those two.

I always assumed he was a United fan due to his actions in the United forum.

duffman13 wrote: »

It could be worse, he could be a Pool fan

Ive been saying it for years.

If in doubt, kill Necro.

duffman13 wrote: »

:pac::pac: I post in the United thread enough (mainly cos it's fun though), I don't have a dislike for United at all since years ago (I kinda miss it actually :().

But nope was endoctored into the Arsenal brigade by my cousins as a young chap (think I was 2 when they shoved a jersey on me).

I know... I really miss those times, was an amazing time to be a fan of either club

• Advertisement

When football was real. Not about likes and social media presence, but about flinging pizza in stadium tunnels.

'Have a snoot full of pepperoni Snr. Ferguson!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

My estimation of Fixxxer rises

My estimation of Necro plummets.

If I had to choose, I know who Im picking to off in future games between those two.

I always assumed he was a United fan due to his actions in the United forum.

My estimation of you all has plummeted, nerdy types aren't supposed to be footie types...does..not..compute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

My estimation of you all has plummeted, nerdy types aren't supposed to be footie types...does..not..compute

I agree, the quality of this thread has taken a nose dive, quit it, you'll scare people away.

Im not nerd.......... nerds are smart!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hmm..and we've a PL game planned for next year.

I remember playing micropose soccer and enjoying it, then i move onto sensible soccer, it was fun for a while too, my next toe dipping was pro evolution soccer, i think i played a demo of fifa soccer but didnt like what they presented in the demo, so never bought it.

See, i don't know nothing about soccer ;D

Sensible Soccer was class.

Ryan Goggs

Mark Haghes

Eric Centona

Sensible Soccer was class.

Ryan Goggs

Mark Haghes

Eric Centona

pro evo did use correct names either. you could have a good guess at who they were copying.

sKeith wrote: »
    pro evo did use correct names either. you could have a good guess at who they were copying.

I spent hours editing both games, thank god FIFA got good.

Was always a FIFA guy myself, remember playing 98 on the Mega Drive with my mates.

Dad would come up and he learned how to commit a professional foul and spammed it when he didn't have the ball :pac:

Drove my mates mental but it was comical as games would end up either being abandoned or with about 8 players on both sides due to injuries/red cards.

Surprisingly he'd win a bit too if he didn't lose via forfeit of players being sent off :D

Ah, memories.

Was always a FIFA guy myself, remember playing 98 on the Mega Drive with my mates.

Dad would come up and he learned how to commit a professional foul and spammed it when he didn't have the ball :pac:

Drove my mates mental but it was comical as games would end up either being abandoned or with about 8 players on both sides due to injuries/red cards.

Surprisingly he'd win a bit too if he didn't lose via forfeit of players being sent off :D

Ah, memories.

Was FIFA all teh way until ISS started to evolve. FIFAs game play was way behind ISS. When ISS moved to PES on the PS2, it was way ahead of FIFA in terms of looks and gameplay despite not having real names (though it had a few).

FIFA got its act together around 2010 and has been my number 1 since then.

Im still a Football Manager guy anyway

No way. Do you have FM19?

Ah Football Manager. I have spent probably thousands of hours on that game in total. Love it, don't play as much any more though. Too busy playing here :pac:

Pter wrote: »
    No way. Do you have FM19?

I bought the mobile verison, which is a slimmed down version of the game. I dont have time for the full game at home with the little one. The stepson loves the full versions though, he has 19.

The game engulfs you.

Havent bought the full verrsion since FM14.

• Advertisement

Lol i dont have time either. Only started my second season there last week despite 'playing' since it launched in Nov.

Dont think i have a mobile or tablet good enough to run mobile version! Ah well, such is growing old and having kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I bought the mobile verison, which is a slimmed down version of the game. I dont have time for the full game at home with the little one. The stepson loves the full versions though, he has 19.

The game engulfs you.

Havent bought the full verrsion since FM14.

I got to the 2070s on one version, FM12 or 13 before the file got corrupted. That was the last time I was really involved in it. I just kept going with that one instead of getting new ones until it gave up. I've tried some of the newer ones but found it tough to get back into it.

I got the full version of FM 18 for Christmas last year (2017) and I'm still worming my way through I think only my third season tbh.

Its a time consuming game and you need time to deicate to it in order to be successful at it.

Nothing better than finding a wonder kid and paying next to nothing for him.

Its a time consuming game and you need time to deicate to it in order to be successful at it.

Nothing better than finding a wonder kid and paying next to nothing for him.

Yeah, I love the initial stages of taking over a new club. Looking at the coaching staff, making changes and trying to be the best(within budget) in the league in all the areas.

I've been sacked a couple of times for complaining when the board won't give me more coaching positions :pac:

I ain't got the time for it anymore but I used to love Football Manager, all the way back to the Championship Manager days.

These days I get 30 minutes for Smash bros on the bus if I'm lucky!

Championship manager 96 I think was the first one I played. Batistuta was a goal scoring machine.

Freddy Adu FTW

Champo 98 was when I got roped in.......... or if Im being honest, Premier Manager 95 on the Mega Drive, the LMA Manager.

Freddy Adu FTW

Champo 98 was when I got roped in.......... or if Im being honest, Premier Manager 95 on the Mega Drive, the LMA Manager.

Yeah I remember playing one on the MD also. Cant remember the name, player manager maybe.

• Advertisement

The last one i played was when Ronnie Johnson was a beast, it was definitely a championship manager not sure of yhe year

Supat Rungratsamee in Champ Manager 03/04 was unreal as well.

O that name rings a bell alright i wonder was that the year

Champ 03/04...... It wasnt a real champo.

Football Manager game in after the designers left the production company and set up their own game. Championship Manager after that was a horrible attempt at recreating the magic.

Champ 03/04...... It wasnt a real champo.

Football Manager game in after the designers left the production company and set up their own game. Championship Manager after that was a horrible attempt at recreating the magic.

Funnily enough I played the most hours on 03/04, got Southampton to the Champions League semis and then got offered the Madrid job. Created a 10 year dynasty there then. Joys of being in college :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I know it’s a silly thing to share on the Internet, but maybe if I am accountable somewhere it will spur me on/motivate me.

I started the whole #NewYearNewMe thing and got back on my bike, cut out (most of) the junk from my diet (5 days a week, in moderation the other two because I am cycling so burning calories), and since I weighed myself the day of the beers I have lost almost 7kg.

I’m aware that it is likely a huge % of water weight gone with the initial surge, but I feel really motivated this time.

Anyway, that’s all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Oh also I’m going to Arizona in May. No beaches but plenty of sun and sand. And Mexican food.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Congrats Sully! That's a great achievement.

What has you up at that hour?

Good stuff Sully!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Speaking of cannon, Hobbits can’t become Nazgul.
    According to the film, when Frodo was stabbed with the Morgul Blade, he would have turned into one but for the intervention of the elves :p

But that's for another thread :)
    Haha I read either Gabriel or Gertrude post in game that hobbits can't become Nazgul, and I wanted to post pretty much what you just said Necro.

However...if you Wiki the lore, there's arguments for both - 'Nazgul' - aren't they the souls of the original nine men who were given rings? So therefore, Frodo would have just become a wraith in Fellowship and not not a Nazgul?

Anyway, guess this is for another thread as you said, but I wasn't confident enough in game to put up the Dwight Shrute 'Wrong!' post :pac:

Moving this discussion here as it's not feedback related.

Yeah I think he would have become a lesser wraith, the actual Nazgul are defined as the Nine who received rings. Something like the Barrow Wights I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

sullivlo wrote: »
    I know it’s a silly thing to share on the Internet, but maybe if I am accountable somewhere it will spur me on/motivate me.

I started the whole #NewYearNewMe thing and got back on my bike, cut out (most of) the junk from my diet (5 days a week, in moderation the other two because I am cycling so burning calories), and since I weighed myself the day of the beers I have lost almost 7kg.

I’m aware that it is likely a huge % of water weight gone with the initial surge, but I feel really motivated this time.

Anyway, that’s all!

I skim read this and thanked it earlier and I did a random double take just now thinking "did she say 7KG?!" that's amazing Sully fair play!

• Advertisement
Advertisement