Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah, ask here, or create a new thread if you've a specific game in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Agree setup a thread dedicated to it or maybe use this one?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107266635

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Has anyone been playing Among Us on console or PC? I've been playing with my family for the last few weeks and it's great craic. Just like WW but much faster. Only £3ish on steam I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Has anyone been playing Among Us on console or PC? I've been playing with my family for the last few weeks and it's great craic. Just like WW but much faster. Only £3ish on steam I think.

I have it on my fone. Let's organise a game evening!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We usually chat on discord during the voting phase. My sister has been finding it really awkward trying to mute herself for the play phase at the same time as actually playing.

I'd be up for a few games some evening though. It works best with 10 people I find. 2 Imposters and 8 Crewmates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Neowise

We usually chat on discord during the voting phase. My sister has been finding it really awkward trying to mute herself for the play phase at the same time as actually playing.

I'd be up for a few games some evening though. It works best with 10 people I find. 2 Imposters and 8 Crewmates.

I'll play. sounds like a bit of fun.

If anyone is around and has a window. Look to the left of the moon (9 o’clock). What’s that bright thing? Looks too yellow to be a star.

The ISS maybe?

I read the Northern lights are gonna be visible tonight in part of the country

No northern lights visible

• Advertisement

Yeah its the ISS

Cool. I’ll give em a wave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Neowise

The ISS zips across the sky. Its only visible for under a minute each transition.
    22:18, left of the moon last night was mars, the red planet.

@21:00, yep, still mars.

Did not know that - thanks Neowise - good knowledge

So you’re telling me I flashed my boobs at Martians and not astronauts?

They’ll never invade earth now :D

I decline to respond on the basis that my response may incriminate me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Baggly wrote: »
    I decline to respond on the basis that my response may incriminate me.

You were watching the live stream from the cameras on ISS too then?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You were watching the live stream from the cameras on ISS too then?

I will refer you to my previous post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Question,

Ive noticed a few of you guys are moderators in After Hours and Current Affairs..... my question is...

Are you mad?

I get a nice forum like here would be nice but dealing with the trolls in those threads must be heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Current Affairs attracts a lot more than AH.

There is a good group in each, so the workload is shared.

Going mad is not something to be feared.

Ah is grand these days.

CA less so. Its still grand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Going mad is not something to be feared.

It's actually one of the criteria for being a mod....

Right?

RIGHT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Neowise wrote: »
    The ISS zips across the sky. Its only visible for under a minute each transition.
    22:18, left of the moon last night was mars, the red planet.

@21:00, yep, still mars.
    More mars tonight...

https://twitter.com/astro_timpeake/status/1313472007355412483?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I just installed it after a friend told me about it. Would be up for a few games for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

National Lampoons Winter Holiday. You may know it better as Christmas Vacation. So apparently it was released in the UK and Ireland as the former title though I never heard of it until today.
    Is anyone familar with that alternative movie title or has it always been christmas vacation?

I’ve always known it as Christmas vacations. I hate that “for the holidays” saying.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Only ever known it as Christmas Vacation. Only got round to watching it for the first time a couple of years ago and unfortunately it didn't live up to its reputation imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Merry Christmas fellow Gamers

Merry Christmas all :)

Merry Christmas to the inhabitants of the best little corner of the internet :D

Hope you all have a cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Happy Christmas fellow gamers :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Belated Merry Christmas ye cool cats and kittens

537825.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy new year all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Happy New Year fellow gamers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy New Year all , here's to more fun games in the year ahead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Happy New Year everyone. I hope its less pandemic-y for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I dont know where to post this, so I'll post it here :)

I'm playing a werewolf game over on 2+2 at the moment with a very heavy in depth theme. If people want to read something extremely technical then feel free to follow the links here ::

Game Thread :: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/politics-werewolf-game-episode-ii-empire-strikes-back-game-thread-1784561/

Game Design FAQ for technical explanations :: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/politics-werewolf-game-episode-ii-empire-strikes-back-game-preview-q-amp-1784301/

And I'm playing as Telcontar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Rikand wrote: »
    I dont know where to post this, so I'll post it here :)

I'm playing a werewolf game over on 2+2 at the moment with a very heavy in depth theme. If people want to read something extremely technical then feel free to follow the links here ::

Game Thread :: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/politics-werewolf-game-episode-ii-empire-strikes-back-game-thread-1784561/

Game Design FAQ for technical explanations :: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/politics-werewolf-game-episode-ii-empire-strikes-back-game-preview-q-amp-1784301/

And I'm playing as Telcontar :)

Thats a noodle scratcher. Very complex and a lot of moving parts. But its worth a read, definitely food for thought.

• Advertisement

Very disappointed this wasn't a new game for us all, I was very intrigued by the title :D

539435.png

Very disappointed this wasn't a new game for us all, I was very intrigued by the title :D

There was once even an actual forum for the query :D

Zaph wrote: »
    There was once even an actual forum for the query :D
    Ha ha, brilliant!
    Looks very unused, shall we go and take it over and run games there? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

There's a juggling forum too!!!

Ha ha, brilliant!
    Looks very unused, shall we go and take it over and run games there? :pac:

It was deactivated a few years ago, can't be used any more. It came about after some BGRH shenanigans, probably drink fuelled, iirc.

Look someone needs to step up and invent a bouncy castle game for here now..

I don't know what it would be about, or how it may work but it needs to happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Look someone needs to step up and invent a bouncy castle game for here now..

I don't know what it would be about, or how it may work but it needs to happen :D

Bouncy Castle SHEEPEEHS

Even numbered questions are SHEEP, Odd numbered questions are PEEHS, the winner is the one who's score is mid-bounce (aka. middle of the pack) when the game ends.

Sounds like an absolute head melt, so someone else can tinker with the idea and run it if they want... Might appeal to the more sadistic gamerunners who like seeing people have mental breakdowns... :D

Bouncy Castle SHEEPEEHS

Even numbered questions are SHEEP, Odd numbered questions are PEEHS, the winner is the one who's score is mid-bounce (aka. middle of the pack) when the game ends.

Sounds like an absolute head melt, so someone else can tinker with the idea and run it if they want... Might appeal to the more sadistic gamerunners who like seeing people have mental breakdowns... :D

There are non-sadistic gamerunners? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Zaph wrote: »
    There are non-sadistic gamerunners? :confused:

Note my use of "the more sadistic gamerunners"... suggesting that there are varying levels of sadism rather than a lack of sadism altogether. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think that's a little too sadistic even for my taste :D

But I might see how it could possibly work seeing as I've been referred for a Covid test.... AGAIN.

FML

Necro wrote: »
    I think that's a little too sadistic even for my taste :D

But I might see how it could possibly work seeing as I've been referred for a Covid test.... AGAIN.

FML

unclean-unclean.jpg

Fingers crossed it's negative.

• Advertisement
Advertisement