Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easily accessible restaurant (mobility issues) Cabinteely

Options
  • 28-10-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

Bringing an elderly friend out for a bite to eat - c.5.30 pm, more than a coffee /scone but not a full 3-course dinner. She's not too good on the pins so needs to be somwehere near where I can park. Any recommendations for Cabinteely village or local to there? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bringing an elderly friend out for a bite to eat - c.5.30 pm, more than a coffee /scone but not a full 3-course dinner. She's not too good on the pins so needs to be somwehere near where I can park. Any recommendations for Cabinteely village or local to there? Many thanks

The coffee shop in the park would tick the boxes

http://brambles.ie/location/cabinteely-park-stableyard-cafe/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

No, way too far to walk. Thanks all the same.

No, way too far to walk. Thanks all the same.

There's a car park about 50m away, when you said mobility I thought wheelchair , sorry apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Whelehans on Loughlinstown dual carriageway.......you can drop passenger up to the door.

Whelehans on stillorgan dual carriageway.......you can drop passenger up to the door.

Great place. Futher from Cabintealy but lovely , used to be the silver tassie.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone - I had heard about the 'renamed' Silver Tassie but didn't know the name. Is it still only a pub or is there a separate/quieter eating area? I also thought during the night of The Gables in Foxrock - haven't been there in 15 years- anyone know what it's like now?

Edited to add - looked at The Gables menu but a bit too rich/heavy/expensive for this lady who hasn't been eating very well in recent weeks. Whelehans looks great - thanks for the suggestion - I think I'll ring them later this morning.

Just back from Whelehans - customer service and food could not have been better! Perfect location for what I needed. Full marks to them.

Advertisement