Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North-South regular basis.

Options
  • 28-10-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi. I'm with Meteor at the moment and my contract on my bill pay phone is up next month. I'm with Meteor and paying €49 a month.
    From next April/May onwards I'll be starting a new job in the north and will be between there and the south on a regular basis so I need to find out what's the best plan to go with? I may consider changing providers depending on what plan suits best. I can't go to Three coz the coverage where I'm from in the south is very bad.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Unless you are looking to get a new phone, I would suggest switching to one of Meteor's SIM-only plans.

Their €25, €30 and €35 SIM-only plans include free EU roaming, so you can use away at calls and text in the north, without waiting for roaming charges to be abolished. Just note that they have a 1GB roaming data usage limit per month.

As for which one to choose, we don't know your calls/SMS/data usage, so you'll need to check your recent bills to see if your call / data usage would be within the €25 or €30 plan limits if you go with a cheaper plan.

Most of the virtual networks (e.g. Tesco, iD Mobile, Virgin Media, 48, Lyca) operate on the Three (inc. former O2) network. The two exceptions I know of are Post Mobile which uses the Vodafone network and Eir Mobile which uses the Meteor network.

Advertisement