Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

used address pal -supplier left out AP code

Options
  • 29-10-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hi where do I stand here please. Used address pal while ordering from a Facebook business page. I gave seller correct address and they confirmed it.
    However when they posted it they only put AP code as an 'order ref'.
    They have proof of delivery that Address pal received it on 14/10. Seller is ignoring my mails now.
    Will a paypal dispute resolve in sellers favour as they have proof of delivery? An post are currently trying to locate my package so hoping they can find it and it won't come to that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Hi where do I stand here please. Used address pal while ordering from a Facebook business page. I gave seller correct address and they confirmed it.
    However when they posted it they only put AP code as an 'order ref'.
    They have proof of delivery that Address pal received it on 14/10. Seller is ignoring my mails now.
    Will a paypal dispute resolve in sellers favour as they have proof of delivery? An post are currently trying to locate my package so hoping they can find it and it won't come to that

No, PayPal will likely side with the seller in this case. Once they can prove postage PayPal understand it's out of the sellers hands. You can't really blame the seller, from PayPal's point of view, siding with you even though they fulfilled their obligation to post it, means that they'd be opening a can of worms so to speak. Unfortunately they mailed it and have the proof, so the only way you'd get a refund from PayPal is if the item is damaged (which you'd have to prove)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Ugh waste of 50e now if An Post can't locate it. I don't know what reason the seller would just decide to leave the code out of the address :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Ugh waste of 50e now if An Post can't locate it. I don't know what reason the seller would just decide to leave the code out of the address :-(

Email addresspal. They have a good customer service as has happened me more than once. Failing that they will probably ring everyone with your name that also uses the service

Was there no tracking no.?

Email addresspal. They have a good customer service as has happened me more than once. Failing that they will probably ring everyone with your name that also uses the service

Thank you , good to know its happened before with a resolution.
    It was posted on 14th but only came to my attention 2 days ago(seller told me allow up to 2 weeks and never emailed me dispatch) and I emailed An post address pal team yesterday so fingers crossed they can locate it!

• Advertisement

Yeah she has sent me a screenshot of the track and trace

Yeah she has sent me a screenshot of the track and trace

You have track and trace and an post can't find it?That's actually shocking. It's a wonder anyone wants to deal with their service to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The item was delivered as far as the vendor is concerned. What are the UK laws about delivery? Do they deliver to an address or the "person" on the first line of the address?

Del2005 wrote: »
    The item was delivered as far as the vendor is concerned. What are the UK laws about delivery? Do they deliver to an address or the "person" on the first line of the address?

Well the address obviously? If they delivered it the person on the address PM, Parcel Wizard and An Posts service would be rendered moot. As well as that Royal Mail would require someone be home to take each delivery.

You have track and trace and an post can't find it?That's actually shocking. It's a wonder anyone wants to deal with their service to be honest.

Well only the track and trace up until the point address pal received it. In fairness to them I only reported it on Wednesday

• Advertisement

Well only the track and trace up until the point address pal received it. In fairness to them I only reported it on Wednesday

Surely your address meant they'd deliver to your local post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They left the address pal id off the package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What address? That's the point of address pal. It's not her address. :rolleyes:

Del2005 wrote:
    They left the address pal id off the package

Yup exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Leaving the AP id off the address is like leaving the house number off the address, so the seller posted the item with an incomplete address. If I post an item to John Doe, Apt 23, Scratch House, Scabies Road, Drogheda....but I leave out the number 23, the post man could technically deliver to the apartment block for any Joe Soap to pick up. After all, the item was delivered to the apartment block, as addressed, but not to apt 23. I wouldn't rule out PayPal here. Your email history may show the seller did not correctly input the address.

Yeah, sorry, tiredness kind of ****ed with me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Possibly because the morons at an post decided to give people an address which is 7 lines (8 if you have to enter the country). Many automated mailing systems would not have room for this many lines so they may drop a line, i.e. it could have been a printed label.

This issue was well known with parcelmotel & parcelwizard and you would think anpost would have researched this online and saw all the complaints & problems. Even if PM & PW did not exist it boggles how any company would do this, let alone a bloody company dealing with dropped postal addresses all the time. If you look at royal mails site for how to write addresses they are 5 line examples.

As this is common I suggested that people could use a fake name, or throw in their middle name, real or not. If the AP is left off an post will have an easier time finding "John Zeus Murphy" than "John Murphy".
    goz83 wrote: »
    Leaving the AP id off the address is like leaving the house number off the address, so the seller posted the item with an incomplete address.
    +1, the were incompetent. How many lines do people think they can get away with leaving off before they think paypal will accept the seller is in the wrong, even if they have proof of postage.

To go to the extreme a scamming seller could have sent it to his friend at a totally different address. They have proof of postage though, will paypal accept this?

rubadub wrote: »
    To go to the extreme a scamming seller could have sent it to his friend at a totally different address. They have proof of postage though, will paypal accept this?

Yes. Once it's been posted and proof of that has been given, PayPal can't intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Yes. Once it's been posted and proof of that has been given, PayPal can't intervene.

Not true. I have on at least two occasions not received items ordered on ebay and had to open disputes with paypal. The sellers marked the items as dispatched and the most recent one had proof of postage, but I hadn't received the item and I got a refund from PayPal on both occasions.

One arrived about a month later and I asked the seller to send a money request so I could pay for the item. At least it was sent, so I paid when I got it.

goz83 wrote: »
    Not true. I have on at least two occasions not received items ordered on ebay and had to open disputes with paypal. The sellers marked the items as dispatched and the most recent one had proof of postage, but I hadn't received the item and I got a refund from PayPal on both occasions.

One arrived about a month later and I asked the seller to send a money request so I could pay for the item. At least it was sent, so I paid when I got it.

Even if that's the case, that's unusal in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because the address is only partially correct to what was given, this isn't as open and shut as it would be with proof of delivery to a precise address. Paypal may well side with the OP; but still may not.

I'd give An Post more time to locate the item first - you have a significantly extended period to raise issues with eBay now.

L1011 wrote: »
    Because the address is only partially correct to what was given, this isn't as open and shut as it would be with proof of delivery to a precise address. Paypal may well side with the OP; but still may not.

I'd give An Post more time to locate the item first - you have a significantly extended period to raise issues with eBay now.

You don't need proof of delivery, you need proof of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You don't need proof of delivery, you need proof of postage.

That has rarely been sufficient for Paypal for eBay sales for some time.

Ok it gets more messy the seller said her guys reposted it out again last Wednesday(I hadnt asked her to yet) but...same thing the new track and trace form shows AP code under order reference instead of address!
    She said she is going to check with her guys what was actually printed on the package. Sigh

Ok it gets more messy the seller said her guys reposted it out again last Wednesday(I hadnt asked her to yet) but...same thing the new track and trace form shows AP code under order reference instead of address!
    She said she is going to check with her guys what was actually printed on the package. Sigh

Are they idiots?

Are they idiots?

I know! I will keep u posted. Hopefully It arrives!

It came!
    Edit to add the address pal code wasn't anywhere outside or inside so fair play to an post.

Advertisement