Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ZV numbers to exceed 100000!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Crazy,

I understand the two reg.
    The original post mentioned ZV 100000.
    Then others said Dublin had reached ZV 11000.
    I then get reg ZV 55000.
    I then see you get ZV 1OOOO and 10000 for two cars.
    I thought there was just one ZV reg for whole country.
    I then see big differences in reg you get and what i get at around the same time so i am very confused with it all.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

The ZV range from ZV1 to ZV99999 has been split up into ranges and assigned to each county.

You got 55nnn because that range is assigned to the county where you live (Leitrim).

Actually, here is a useful post from macplaxton, showing the ranges assigned to each county: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056460411

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

17, thanks for that as it now makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 carcrazykieran

Type 17

That's a handy list. Thanks.

Maestro sorry I wasn't clearer.

Happy New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

That's a handy list. Thanks.

It is, and I've bookmarked it myself, but the thanks should go to macplaxton :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I've got a revised list of that somewhere on my computer after the Revenue bump of 2011 (aka Dublin 120001). All the ZVs missed a handful out.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The tricky part is what if your car is registered to one county, and you live in another!

Eg: 80CWXXX to ZV for Carlow or Dublin (where I live)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I would guess you get the sequence of the county of your current address, so technically you are changing the county on your car, not that any one will notice.

Advertisement