Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Burnley 29/10/16 k/o 15.00 SS5(ROI)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

8-10 wrote: »
    True, some excellent clearances.

Good seeing Hendrick starting in the EPL these days. I think he'll be a good player for them in games where they're not on the back foot so much

Barely noticed Hendrick today.

• martyos121 wrote: »
    And by that you mean United into mid-table, I assume? ;)

That would be slither-down to mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Back to Room 1408 for Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

You'd have to say that was 2 points dropped by United, especially as Watford won with a goal late on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Got the second yellow for the red card wrong, but you could see how it came about. Only on the replay do you realise that Herrera slipped. Think he got all the other decisions right though.

Herrera was unlucky with the 2nd yellow but generally he gets away with lots of naughty tackles. Was probably overdue a red.

Great if you had Heaton as your keeper in fantasy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Jayop wrote: »
    Ah ffs

Call it unsportsmanlike behaviour if you want. He knew well it wasn't a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Barely noticed Hendrick today.

That's what I'm saying, he doesn't get to do much in defensive games, was just saying it's good to see him get regular starts in the EPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Herrera was unlucky with the 2nd yellow but generally he gets away with lots of naughty tackles. Was probably overdue a red.
    What are you on about? Ridiculous post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Second yellow for Herrera was really unlucky but looked stone wall in real time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That would be slither-down to mid

It's the little victories, eh? :pac:

On another day, ye'd have won that by three or four. Well used to results like that myself, sometimes your luck isn't in. I'll admit it was nice to see ye come up against an inspired goalkeeping performance for once, I thought it only happened to us. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

sabat wrote: »
    Are the crowd booing or is it the away fans saying Boo-urnley?

Cv8oAx8WYAEFMGC.jpg

What are you on about? Ridiculous post

I'm saying he likes leaving the foot in occasionally. Sent off 5 times in Spain. Amazingly only his first red in England.

Call it unsportsmanlike behaviour if you want. He knew well it wasn't a penalty.

So when a defender calls for offside, should he get carded too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

I'm saying he likes leaving the foot in. Sent off 5 times in Spain. Amazingly only his first red in England.

It means nothing in the context of that decision though. It's ridiculous logic

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    It's the little victories, eh? :pac:

On another day, ye'd have won that by three or four. Well used to results like that myself, sometimes your luck isn't in. I'll admit it was nice to see ye come up against an inspired goalkeeping performance for once, I thought it only happened to us. :o

Very hard to take :mad:

I can understand it being very enjoyable form another perspective however

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Not too despondent, one of those freak results. Thought we looked really incisive today. Pogba had a great 2nd half. Subs were horrible, don't understand how Micky wasn't on the bench. Would have been a much better option to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It has been a great match in terms of football. Refereeing has been atrocious.

Youre wrong. The ref was correct with most decisions today...
    Take off the utd goggles and stop blaming the ref on Utd's failings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

That Herrera red card really hinders their ambitions of European football. Will be hard to come top of the FIFA fair play table now.

It means nothing in the context of that decision though. It's ridiculous logic

Said he was unlucky today. But he's been lucky on other occasions.

• Advertisement

So when a defender calls for offside, should he get carded too?
    Pretty hard to tell if you kept a player onside or not. There's cheeky and then there's blatantly demanding a ref to give an unfair penalty.

Pretty hard to tell if you kept a player onside or not. There's cheeky and then there's blatantly demanding a ref to give an unfair penalty.

Yeah, what you're suggesting is never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

That Herrera red card really hinders their ambitions of European football. Will be hard to come top of the FIFA fair play table now.

Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

enzo roco wrote: »
    Youre wrong. The ref was correct with most decisions today...
    Take off the utd goggles and stop blaming the ref on Utd's failings.

The ref got the biggest decision wrong today. Only one that mattered. Saying that even with 11 men United wouldn't have scored.

Yeah, what you're suggesting is never going to happen.

No doubt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just like watching Chelsea last season all over again...but without the large amount of cash spent

• 39D8964F00000578-3885338-image-a-66_1477756728978.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

How bad was Rooney when he came on.

• Can Utd appeal the match ban based on Clattenburgs **** up?

• Advertisement

Just like watching Chelsea last season all over again...but without the large amount of cash spent

Burnley beat us at the Bridge I think 2-1 last year. Against the run of play too.

Can Utd appeal the match ban based on Clattenburgs **** up?

Not two yellows unfortunately.

Wasnt a 2nd yellow either for me, was a slip, was a 100% free kick but there was no way he should have been booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

GavRedKing wrote: »

Wasnt a 2nd yellow either for me, was a slip, was a 100% free kick but there was no way he should have been booked.

These things even themselves out over 20 years. Just another 25 reds required for Scholes' challenges over the years to reach parity.

Can Utd appeal the match ban based on Clattenburgs **** up?

Don't think so. Anyway, he can technically stand over it. Herrera was out of control, I guess, and he didn't play the ball. Harsh as **** and should have just been a free out, but we're talking about Clattenburg here. The guy lives for moments like that.

• These things even themselves out over 20 years. Just another 25 reds required for Scholes' challenges over the years to reach parity.

This post is just ****e
    Well Done

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Utd got very unlucky today. They played some good stuff and would have got the breakthrough I thought if Herrera hadn't been sent off :s 100% not a yellow but just one of those days. I'm still not convinced they have a direct idea of what they are doing tactics wise though - especially when Herrera isn't on

• BMMachine wrote: »
    Utd got very unlucky today. They played some good stuff and would have got the breakthrough I thought if Herrera hadn't been sent off :s 100% not a yellow but just one of those days. I'm still not convonce they have a direct idea of what they are doing tactics wise though - especially when Herrera isn't on

36 Attempts means we don't have any tactics?

If Utd had done this against Barca, it would have been a "defensive masterclass" Time to give Burnley some credit I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

BMMachine wrote: »
    Utd got very unlucky today. They played some good stuff and would have got the breakthrough I thought if Herrera hadn't been sent off :s 100% not a yellow but just one of those days. I'm still not convonce they have a direct idea of what they are doing tactics wise though - especially when Herrera isn't on

Very unlucky from Utd but they need another striker.

It's not working for Zlatan and I can't see how it's going to improve much.

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »

Agreed, we are still searching for our best XI but we have genuinely been so much better in a creative sense under Mourinho than LVG. This will fix itself in time but I think our early season title aspirations were misplaced. Just need to start getting points on the board now and build some momentum

• If Utd had done this against Barca, it would have been a "defensive masterclass" Time to give Burnley some credit I think

Missing guilt edge chances and the keeper playing a blinder doesn't mean it was anywhere near a defensive masterclass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Utd had done this against Barca, it would have been a "defensive masterclass" Time to give Burnley some credit I think
    Normally I would give a defensive performance credit, but this was anything but. United's finishing is the main reason they didn't have at least a couple of goals here.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

36 Attempts means we don't have any tactics?

Aye today might not be the best example as it was just like a bullrush with Burnley scrambling to defend but I still get the feeling this utd team is very disjointed

• BMMachine wrote: »
    Aye today might not be the best example as it was just like a bullrush with Burnley scrambling to defend but I still get the feeling this utd team is very disjointed

Nothing disjointed about the performance
    The finishing was the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not a bad point for ten men United against a spirited Burnley side, who have only lost three times away from home in the league this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

These things even themselves out over 20 years. Just another 25 reds required for Scholes' challenges over the years to reach parity.

Or Herrera own horror tackle vs Allen

Not a bad point for ten men United against a spirited Burnley side, who have only lost three times away from home in the league this season.

Sarcasm? They only play 4 times

Watford won without a single shot on goal...ironic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

GavRedKing wrote: »

Not as if he was the 1st player to be sent off for something like that

Not as if he was the 1st player to be sent off for something like that

So let's just accept these bad decisions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement