Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Oh I did Mandanda -> Heaton last night before the rise.

Rectifying one of my defensive balls ups in my WC. Just about 4 more defenders to go :pac:

And Benteke.

And Walcott, maybe.

And lets see about the newly acquired Shaqiri.

Why did ya let go of Heaton?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Oh I did Mandanda -> Heaton last night before the rise.

Rectifying one of my defensive balls ups in my WC. Just about 4 more defenders to go :pac:

And Benteke.

And Walcott, maybe.

And lets see about the newly acquired Shaqiri.
    Why did ya let go of Heaton?! :eek:

I think he got Heaton in for Mandanda?

I think he got Heaton in for Mandanda?

He had Heaton originally but got rid of him on his wildcard. Heaton is now one of the few must-have players in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

He had Heaton originally but got rid of him on his wildcard. Heaton is now one of the few must-have players in the game.

I got rid on WC. Since then, I've got 19 points from my 8m GK combo plus whatever Grant gets tonight. Heaton has got 29 points
    No GK or defender will be must have this season, I predict

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Àhh apologies, could well be must-have. Already 22 saves ahead of everyone else and 11 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Would I be mad to get rid of De Gea and bring in Heaton?

Was thinking Sterling to either Couthnio or Hazard depends on funds.

Selling Capoue at moment is waste of time cause no one under is price range worth having.

Instead of selling him maybe bench him and sell Amat or Evans instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mectavba wrote: »
    Am I mad to be considering getting rid of Sanchez? Arsenal have a couple of tough fixtures coming up and I already have Walcott.

I think so. I think Sanchez is the number 1 attacking player to own this year. I'd have him ahead of aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Would I be mad to get rid of De Gea and bring in Heaton?

Was thinking Sterling to either Couthnio or Hazard depends on funds.

Selling Capoue at moment is waste of time cause no one under is price range worth having.

Instead of selling him maybe bench him and sell Amat or Evans instead.

Don't sell Evans. He has some good fixtures soon. Amat is not worth using a transfer on as a 5th defender and could appear tonight.
    If Capoue is your 8th attacker, changing him to a 4.3M is they way to get Hazard with 2 transfers. If not the DeGea downgrade for him and Heaton or another premium defender is probably the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Really getting pissed off with Deeney, major captain fail on him this week. Might give him one more week allowing me to ditch him as part of a 2FT next week. Who's the best sub-7 mil striker? Austin? Or should I just get a cheapie and get a 5th mid? Barrow would allow me a 6.5m mid (Chadli/Redmond/Bolassie)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I made an absolute mess of my defence on wildcard. I needed .2 so Heaton to Mandanda was the obvious choice....

Also how I have Kone and Pickford will forever remain a mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,261 ✭✭✭✭km79

I made an absolute mess of my defence on wildcard. I needed .2 so Heaton to Mandanda was the obvious choice....

Also how I have Kone and Pickford will forever remain a mystery.

I sold kone gw 3 and inexplicably bought him back on wildcard gw4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

mectavba wrote: »
    Am I mad to be considering getting rid of Sanchez? Arsenal have a couple of tough fixtures coming up and I already have Walcott.
    I think so. I think Sanchez is the number 1 attacking player to own this year. I'd have him ahead of aguero.
    Sanchez is back on form. Arsenal are scoring goals. Walcott got a jammy hamstring. So yeah I'd not rush to sell him,

The only exception for me is a fully fit KDB. Spurs are the best defense in the league while City are home to 'Borough. Sanchez will have a super tough international break (much much tougher and tiring than KDB) and has United away and PSG home (the game to top their CL group) midweek while City are away to Palace and have 'Gladbach away midweek.

I had done a detailed comparison of their respective fixtures => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101396858#post101396858

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Considering Son>Hazard and Rashford>Barrow for a -4.
    Going to monitor Barrow as he's getting game time now and is only 5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Rage -16 done.

Benteke, Deeney, DDG, Amat and Capoue out

Forster, Lukaku, Giroud, Coquilen and Mee in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

bantee wrote: »
    Considering Son>Hazard and Rashford>Barrow for a -4.
    Going to monitor Barrow as he's getting game time now and is only 5 million.

Sansea have Utd, Everton, Palace and Spurs in their next 4 games, might be better to wait for a better run of fixtures (if you plan to start him)

siblers wrote: »
    Sansea have Utd, Everton, Palace and Spurs in their next 4 games, might be better to wait for a better run of fixtures (if you plan to start him)

I was thinking that alright but the fixtures do get much better after that. Might just go with a cheaper striker and try to upgrade Capoue for my 5th midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Coutinho and Allen in for Son and Lallana. Both have been massive disappointments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Eriksen & Valencia out for the Dukes of Hazard....whoops...Fuchs & Hazard.

Should have really done it last night and saved myself a bit of money but deffo more happy with the look of my team now.....will eat my hat if I don't have at least 3 clean sheets next weekend ;)

Allen in, Shaquiri out for a hit :D

Came very close to Lallana out for Coutinho as well but managed to rein in my rage just enough

I did something that I never do, I made a transfer before the gw finished (Payet to Hazard) but I forgot about Arnie's 4 yellows and he is now susoended, I also have Deeney who is useless. Would have been happy to keep Payet and get rid of Arnie

• Advertisement

Probably going to ditch Arnie now. Allen the obvious choice. So I'm thinking of punting on Gundagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just seen a bandwagon going by and leapt on it!

Allen in for Walcott. I did put thought into it. It allows me enough to upgrade Deeney to lukaku or else lallana to hazard. Kinda want to keep lalanna so might hold off on making a decision this week as it'd be for a hit and I need rid of valencia too.
    Other option is cheap 4.5 striker like Keane for Deeney & hazard for fletcher and play 3-5-2.
    Again, I'll think about it as I like 3 strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Allen and Hazard for Shaq and Mane.

Probably.

Allen in tonight for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,261 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shaqiri injury has forced me Into selling zlatan
    This may be a good thing :D

Arnie & Son to Allen & Hazard. The Arnie experiment was a disaster and Son stopped scoring when I got him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Antonio to Allen tonight most likely.

Then Walcott & Capoue might be making way for Coutinho and a cheapie later in the week. I think I'll ignore Hazard for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shaqiri -> Allen is done.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thinking walcott to mcarthur to cash in on price rises

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've a confession to make.

I convinced myself the recession was over and I've abandoned my penny pinching transfer policy.

Bought Shaqiri over Allen last week on the ethos that I earned the money in my transfer kitty and I deserve to enjoy it.

Rather than keeping some in reserve for a rainy day, well that day is here and it's pouring.

I've made 2 early transfers for the first time this season and I was rightly punished.

Well no more, I'm living far beyond my means.

I have taken a -8 for next week.
    Mane, Shaqiri, Capoue out for Coutinho, Allen, Gundagen.

2 probably silly sideways transfers but I got very lucky with a captain pick a few weeks ago (I didn't save a captain that I wanted to do). I'm owed this misfortune.

I will now be reestablishing my budget buys and flavour of the month watchlist that brought me Danny Simpson, Adam Smith, James Collins and a young circa (4.0-4.5) Hector Bellerin in the past.

Yours in Fantasy
    Shineon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Have enough to transfer Son and Redmond out and bring in Hazard and a sub 6Mil midfielder

thinking:

Son -> Hazard
    Redmond -> Allen

Would give me a midfield of:

Sanchez - Allen - Hazard - Firmino - Capoue

Thoughts please??

So is Allen the next Mahrez or the next Capoue?

And when you're replying to that, say whether you currently own Allen or not.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

Last night was my first time watching him in a live match, definitley closer towards Mahrez, was constantly buzzing in and around the box. I don't own him and I probably won't out of stubbornness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Walcott to Allen done last night.

Have a second ft, but going to bank it for the international break as long as I'm not forced into using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Shaq to Allen (reverse of the transfer last week) or Gundogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well unlike Capoue he does have an attacking role in the team. He wouldn't have to do much with that attacking role given his price he is now. I dont have him and will, probably foolishly, see how he does next couple games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Neither since he won't come close to Mahrez's 1st half of last season, but he's playing #10 and putting up great stats for his price. Not getting him since Coutinho is my 4th mid and I hope he fails tbh since this season has been really interesting with no super enabler that everyone has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Have the funds to do Walcott > Couthinho. Thinking of taking a hit to do Deeney > Austin. Southampton have Hull at the weekend....you could see him get a hat-trick. Southampton have nice fixtures up to xmas too. Is it worth the -4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Neither since he won't come close to Mahrez's 1st half of last season, but he's playing #10 and putting up great stats for his price. Not getting him since Coutinho is my 4th mid and I hope he fails tbh since this season has been really interesting with no super enabler that everyone has

Agree that if he emerges as a super enabler it will be a bit of a pity. But I fear he is the real deal, at least for now and I have also reversed last week's move and got him in for Shaqiri. There are times to be stubborn, and times to admit your mistake and limit the damage.

I may go for Hazard too, or may hold onto the double Liverpool mids for another week to avoid the hit.

I'm probably looking at -4 already to ship Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno weather to go Couthino or Hazard.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Deeney and Capoue gone,Gundogan and Austin in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Any advice lads???

Been really happy with my midfield the last couple of weeks, but would like to fit Hazard into my team and also with Giroud back, I'm a bit worried about how it will affect Walcott and to a lesser extent Sanchez.

Current midfield
    Sanchez, Walcott, Firmino, Coutinho, Allen

Getting Hazard into the team comes at a cost, meaning Firmino would have to make way.
    So options are stick with what I have
    A) Firminio and Walcott
    Or
    B) Hazard and Chadli
    Chadli would rotate with Allen and Austin, with 1 of the 3 on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Just did bellerin to Alonso don't like arsenal next two fixtures and Chelsea look alot more solid in defense since 3 at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As part of a rage -16 hit yesterday morning I have ended up with Giroud but I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    If it works out it will have been a complete fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Any advice lads???

Been really happy with my midfield the last couple of weeks, but would like to fit Hazard into my team and also with Giroud back, I'm a bit worried about how it will affect Walcott and to a lesser extent Sanchez.

Current midfield
    Sanchez, Walcott, Firmino, Coutinho, Allen

Getting Hazard into the team comes at a cost, meaning Firmino would have to make way.
    So options are stick with what I have
    A) Firminio and Walcott
    Or
    B) Hazard and Chadli
    Chadli would rotate with Allen and Austin, with 1 of the 3 on the bench.
    I would give it another week. Firmino at home to Watford is a tasty fixture and hazard v Everton could easily be 0 0. Hazard may go up .1 in the meantime. Can you afford 10million has?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Karma25 wrote: »
    I would give it another week. Firmino at home to Watford is a tasty fixture and hazard v Everton could easily be 0 0. Hazard may go up .1 in the meantime. Can you afford 10million has?

No, can afford it at the moment but If Hazard or Walcott change in price I'll have to leave it off, or could go for a cheaper option than Chadli to balance it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »
    Deeney and Capoue gone,Gundogan and Austin in.

Avoiding the Allen bandwagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Would I be bonkers to drop Walcott and Beneteke for Hazard and Vokes, with a -4 hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Avoiding the Allen bandwagon?

Had him before the wheels were even fitted to the bandwagon, now you lot are all over it..lol.

Do I sell Firmino or Coutinho (if he price rises before Haz midweek) and Valencia for Hazard and a 4.4M defender? If I take the hit I would prefer to keep Firmino as he is less likely to be rested after IB and I've had him from the start.
    TV is starting to worry me now but with my WC intact this -4 is tempting.

carnie wrote: »
    Would I be bonkers to drop Walcott and Beneteke for Hazard and Vokes, with a -4 hit?

Can you downgrade a premium defender instead?

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Do I sell Firmino or Coutinho (if he price rises before Haz midweek) and Valencia for Hazard and a 4.4M defender? If I take the hit I would prefer to keep Firmino as he is less likely to be rested after IB and I've had him from the start.
    TV is starting to worry me now but with my WC intact this -4 is tempting.

I think I'd hold off on getting Hazard until Chelsea's fixtures turn really good in GW15.

Advertisement