Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    well nobody is talking me out of it.......?

I'll talk you out of that if you talk me out of doing Chadli to Allen for -4? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looking at taking Walcott out and have 8.8 million in the bank then.

In between picking man city fielder or another pool player to go with mane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Briton?

No Watford CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'll talk you out of that if you talk me out of doing Chadli to Allen for -4? :pac:

I don't know that I can :D
    Seriously though if who plays if you don't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Does Walcott stand any chance of playing?

I'd also like to fire Benteke into space but not sure who I'd replace him with.

Any move would be done for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

-4 taken already
    I really want to do bellerin to Fuchs as well ..........I know it makes no sense though really.............thing is I've zero ITB now so would most likely need a double transfer of some description next game week anyway..........what's another 4 points ??????
    And then I'll have somebody in the live game Sunday :D:D:D
    someone talk me out of it
    well nobody is talking me out of it.......?
    Bellerin to Fuchs should free £1.1m.
    If this transfer does not allow anything nor anyone this GW, I'm not sure it's worth it. Also you may want to see what Leicester defense is gonna be with Schmeichel out for a month.

I did Kos to Fuchs to allow Antonio to Hazard earlier in the week. But am afraid this is gonna bite me in the a*se this GW. I kinda played the team value game trying to make decent mid-term moves. Hopefully it won't be like my Lovren -> Pieters move last GW :rolleyes:...

iroced wrote: »
    Bellerin to Fuchs should free £1.1m.
    If this transfer does not allow anything nor anyone this GW, I'm not sure it's worth it. Also you may want to see what Leicester defense is gonna be with Schmeichel out for a month.

I did Kos to Fuchs to allow Antonio to Hazard. But am afraid this is gonna bite me in the a*se this GW.

Yeah I think it's probably a silly move in all honesty
    I just like owning Fuchs so much and would enjoy watching the Sunday game then
    I'll probably leave it though
    Can't justify a further -4 I suppose
    May look at my team lineup for the next 2 weeks in the morning though to see how the money would be put to use !

I don't know that I can :D
    Seriously though if who plays if you don't do it

Capoue. It would take advantage of Stoke's remaining nice fixtures and also free up funds to get Hazard in GW15. Only got Chadli in last week though so I don't know if I'd be correcting a mistake or making another one! Not sure I'd do Bellerin to Fuchs for a hit though...Spurs look toothless and they were very ropey defensively the other night so he could get attacking returns.

Capoue. It would take advantage of Stoke's remaining nice fixtures and also free up funds to get Hazard in GW15. Only got Chadli in last week though so I don't know if I'd be correcting a mistake or making another one! Not sure I'd do Bellerin to Fuchs for a hit though...Spurs look toothless and they were very ropey defensively the other night so he could get attacking returns.
    Well if it's Capoue .......who is your 4th defender

Who are the options for the hit
    I prob wouldn't but throw them out there anyway
    Walcott trained today btw

• Advertisement

I think Benteke will come good eventually, he's been unlucky lately. But i still sold him for Austin this week. Palace have a nice run of fixtures in the new year so might consider him again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Himself and Bellerin are fine and have been training. I think Monreal is ok too. (There are concerns re Gibbs) Cazorla is their main concern.

Disclaimer I'm no Ziegler.

Who are the options for the hit
    I prob wouldn't but throw them out there anyway
    Walcott trained today btw

My instinct tells me to leave it alone and trust in Capoue if he's a no show.

That's right FHFC, I might be playing Capoue :cool:

I haven't really had time to think about it this week though. I've probably missed 2 tickets to the Gun show at this stage in the week.

Well if it's Capoue .......who is your 4th defender

Holebas...have no faith in him this week though. Ok there's a chance he could get an attacking return but it's more likely they'll end up shipping 2 or 3.

I think Benteke will come good eventually, he's been unlucky lately. But i still sold him for Austin this week. Palace have a nice run of fixtures in the new year so might consider him again then.

I got Heaton in this week so it just feels wrong to play both but I'd say I'll leave him in, for now.

Holebas...have no faith in him this week though. Ok there's a chance he could get an attacking return but it's more likely they'll end up shipping 2 or 3.

I'm playing holebas
    He takes set pieces
    Liverpool are bad at defending set pieces
    I also don't think this will be the rout people are expecting

I haven't really had time to think about it this week though. I've probably missed 2 tickets to the Gun show at this stage in the week.

Signs are Walcott is available
    Who is the option for benteke

Lads I have £7.4m to replace Arnie. It'll be -8 but I feel I don't have much choice.

Team is
    Foster (Jaku)
    Fuchs Pieters McAuley (Holebas, Amat)
    Sanchez Hazard Firmino Arnie (Whelan)
    Agüero Lukaku Rashford

I don't fancy Holebas away to 'Pool. Amat seems out of favour. Hopefully it'll change... So this leaves Whelan. I feel I could have a go at a mid to score 6 pts this GW. 'Pool mid? But both Milner & Lallana have seen their returns dry up lately. Redmond? Or should I accept defeat and get Gundogan? I don't fancy him mid-term and City will have a hectic run so I feel it'll be mainly a 1 GW punt, which I don't really fancy. But I may be wrong...

- edit -
    I'm playing holebas
    He takes set pieces
    I take from it that you'd bench Arnie & play Holebas.

Lads I have £7.4m to replace Arnie. It'll be -8 but I feel I don't have much choice.

Team is
    Foster (Jaku)
    Fuchs Pieters McAuley (Holebas, Amat)
    Sanchez Hazard Firmino Arnie (Whelan)
    Agüero Lukaku Rashford

I don't fancy Holebas away to 'Pool. Amat seems out of favour. Hopefully it'll change... So this leaves Whelan. I feel I could have a go at a mid to score 6 pts this GW. 'Pool mid? But both Milner & Lallana have seen their returns dry up lately. Redmond? Or should I accept defeat and get Gundogan? I don't fancy him mid-term and City will have a hectic run so I feel it'll be mainly a 1 GW punt, which I don't really fancy. But I may be wrong...

- edit -

I take from it that you'd bench Arnie & play Holebas.
    You mean whelan right ?
    And yes I'd bench whelan
    If the answer is whelan away to west ham I don't want to know what the question was :D

• Advertisement

Signs are Walcott is available
    Who is the option for benteke

I don't know :o

I think I'll just leave everything alone and back away from the internet and hope for the best.

You mean whelan right ?
    And yes I'd bench whelan
    If the answer is whelan away to west ham I don't want to know what the question was :D
    No I meant Arnie like keeping him and thus benching him instead of shipping him out for another -4 and benching Holebas.

Whelan is great though. Last GW he got me as many pts as Arnie & Pieters combined :D. I'm pretty sure the odds were huge for such an outcome! And he is my Irish touch into my FPL team :cool:.

I'm playing holebas
    He takes set pieces

Hmm I think you've talked me into playing him. And the main reason I got Chadli in was for his fixtures after the int. break so it would probably be silly selling him now just for the sake of one game. Right I think that's settled then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You're dead to me now Prodston.

Bad enough the new, joyless, 'sensible' Mr P, but this is the last straw...

Valencia to Brunt done.

Goodnight.

Walcott, Bellerin and Capoue out for Hazard, Gundogan and Lovren.

Felt wrong getting rid of Walcott but choooo choooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

third transfer of a week for a -4 williams to fuchs. Playing the fixtures with that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone consider Musa? Looking for a Deeney replacement

FHFC wrote: »
    You're dead to me now Prodston.

Bad enough the new, joyless, 'sensible' Mr P, but this is the last straw...

I know, it sickens me but its somewhat of an experiment and also feels like I'm applying what I've learned in recent years about being stubborn.

The theory is that I end seasons well so if unlike previous years I don't blow up early then I *should* be able to take advantage of that later on with more Mr.P like manoeuvring.

If I didn't have about 5 other fires to put out then I'd probably have looked to cash in on capoue. Although if the Gun show is still in town after this weekend I'll have to get a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Shaq to Allen (reverse of the transfer last week) or Gundogan

Any thoughts on this lads?

Foster (Pickford)
    Kone Williams Smith (Kelly Amat)
    Pedro Sanchez Mane Shaqiri (Myler)
    Ibra Austin Kun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

-8 and free transfer used

Son, Bolasie and Deeney out

Whelan, Hazard and Austin in

GODSPEED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

pickford
    smith bellerin walker
    coutinho firminho capoue sterling
    costa aguero lukaku

Capoue ideally has to go. Sterling as well ideallyshould go.

I have one FT this week and .1 in the bank.

Any ideas who I can get ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Took -8 to get Sergio
    Had allot of misfiring mids
    Antonio to Can
    Son to Coutino
    Lukaku to Sergio (c)

Can't see Luk getting on the scoresheet v Chelsea
    Here's hoping Sergio gets the start....Weighing up Coutino as alternative capt

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Lads two real dilemmas that I can't figure out all week.

Deeney out for Austin or Wilson? And who to being in for son with 8m or less. Rest of attack line is Firmino Alexis mata fletch Sergio and lukaku. Thanks, really struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fant11 wrote: »
    Lads two real dilemmas that I can't figure out all week.

Deeney out for Austin or Wilson? And who to being in for son with 8m or less. Rest of attack line is Firmino Alexis mata fletch Sergio and lukaku. Thanks, really struggling.

I went for Austin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Valencia, Collins, Coleman, Snodgrass, Son > Pieters, Morgan, Kingsley, Gundogan, Hazard.

Still have Deeney and Capoue. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

F1ngers wrote: »
    Valencia, Collins, Coleman, Snodgrass, Son > Pieters, Morgan, Kingsley, Gundogan, Hazard.

Still have Deeney and Capoue. :(

Why didn't you wildcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any chance Tadic won't play? Might bring him in as a differential

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why didn't you wildcard?

Used in GW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Whats the story with walcott? Likely to play, transfer out or bank and wait for international break?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Whats the story with walcott? Likely to play, transfer out or bank and wait for international break?

trained
    you have lost .3 on him this week so may as well keep him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

trained
    you have lost .3 on him this week so may as well keep him !

My interest in this game is waning

Gave up on trying to increase team value very early this season

My interest in this game is waning

Gave up on trying to increase team value very early this season

keep him and play him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think he'll start, decent scoring record against Spurs too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Brought in Allen, Coutinho and tadic for a -4..

Tadic is bit of a gamble but he is playing well, just not getting the points yet.. They hopefully will start this GW v hull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I think he'll start, decent scoring record against Spurs too

I hope you're right, because I held on to him (and also have no Spurs defs). :) I just couldn't stomach a(nother) -8.

I'll see how Sanchez is after the international break.

Late kick-off and still undecided about what to do with Arnie....

Play Holebas or -4 for a £7.4m mid... Lallana? Tadic? (just saw Guardian have Redmond benched) Siggy? Someone else?

Play Holebas or -4 for a £7.4m mid... Lallana? Tadic? (just saw Guardian have Redmond benched) Siggy? Someone else?

I'd probably play Holebas and assess after international break. If you have to take 1ft and a -4 then it gives you more flexibility and could be more beneficial than taking the hit now.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd probably play Holebas and assess after international break. If you have to take 1ft and a -4 then it gives you more flexibility and could be more beneficial than taking the hit now.
    I did not get the part in bold :confused:. What's the link between chosing a different short-term punt than Arnie now for -4 or playing Holebas and reassessing my options next GW.

In fairness, if I could afford Coutinho I'd even dare taking an extra -8 ditching Rashford, who's turned into a disaster lately, in the process. But I don't see any viable £5.6m striker (though one could argue that Rashford did not bring much more in his last 4 games).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mata. Its a very short term move though.

• Advertisement

Last year's Mr.P would do Willams -> Fuchs and Benteke -> Slimani for -8 and consider a way to turn Kone or Amat into Alonso for -12.

But I'm a changed man now!

Advertisement