Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant decide !, Qashqai or CLA 180

• 29-10-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Looking around for a new car, currently driving an old citroen c4 (2005) that's on it's last legs, the two cars that caught my attention are the Nissan Qashqai sv premium 1.5 Diesel and the Mercedes CLA 180 urban 1.6 petrol. Both very different cars. Head says Qashqai heart says CLA.... Test drove the cla and it is quite nice to drive and it's a bit of a stunner from the outside, spec wise its fairly standard - not even a reversing camera (+500), no satnav (+mad price),quite basic.
    haven't test drove the Qashqai yet but have sat in one and seems very nice - The Qashqai is full leather,heated seats,panoramic sunroof,sat nav,4 cameras for around view, safety shield, traffic sign rec, rain sensing wipers..... the list just goes on. head or heart i just can't decide, anybody here driving a similar cars? what is you opinion on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are at opposite ends of the spectrum so it's going to be very difficult for anyone here to recommend one over the other. It's really only you who can make that choice depending on your needs and wants. Do you need the extra space and height of a SUV crossover over a lower down smaller 4 door coupe? Does your driving style suit or warranty a diesel over a petrol car? These are the type questions that cannot really be answered by anyone here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

I drive a 2010 Qashqai 1.8 petrol love love love it... Mine has a lot of extras too like the panoramic roof. Obviously I would recommend the Qashqai for sure. Only time it gave me any trouble was about a month ago the window wipers stopped working suddenly but a local garage repaired them for €140. All good since then. Just my experience of the Qashqai.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Both cars would probably do,we have two kids so the nissan would probably be more practical, its just the cla is a bit of a looker !, not sure on whether a diesel or petrol would suit best - currently do about 15k a year, work everyday is about 25km each way - not really doing long trips regularly - attracted to the fuel economy of the nissan 1.5 diesel , the petrol nissan is a 1.2 (seems small for the size of the car, not sure what it would be like). Never owned a diesel car so not sure on the pitfalls or if my milage suits diesel over petrol

I can see what you mean about the CLA looking well only thing about the Qashqai is there is Loads of them on the road which I suppose in itself is a good thing they are very reliable only you can decide, best of luck which whatever choice you make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Weren't the first generation Quashqai petrol engines 1.6 litre and 2.0 litre?

• Advertisement

Thank's taylor3 & bazz26 - Think ill have to bring the Qashqai for a test drive, when the attraction of the looks of the cla wear off i might regret not getting the Qashqai. it seems to tick all the boxes as a more family orientated car and the spec list is impressive,lots of things which the merc is charging thousands for on their own...

bazz26 wrote: »
    Weren't the first generation Quashqai petrol engines 1.6 litre and 2.0 litre?

not sure about 1st gen but the engines now seem to be
    QASHQAI 1.2 PET
    QASHQAI 1.2 PET CVT
    QASHQAI 1.6 PET
    QASHQAI 1.5 DSL
    QASHQAI 1.6 DSL
    QASHQAI 1.6 DSL CVT
    QASHQAI 1.6 DSL 4WD

Oops mine is 2ltre, just looked at the log book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Have a look at the new kia niro - may tick all the boxes.

Good looking, hybrid for efficiency, crossover for family, 7 year warranty which gives peace of mind and 29k which is decent price.

Anybody driving the 1.2 petrol Qashqai? Seems like a small engine so initially i wrote it off from my choices, but looking at it again as i just noticed its about 2k cheaper than the diesel....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Just bought 1.5dsl Renault kadjar on PCP
    Very impressed 60% quashqai.
    I think the car is more stylish than qashqai.
    I got a great trade in my old car.
    Worth considering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

CLA, since you asked.

cantdecide wrote: »
    CLA, since you asked.
    how do you find it for everyday use ?, is it the 1.6 petrol ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Quality not quantity...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think the cla is a very girly design so if that is what you are after, it's a good choice.
    Personally id go for a c class instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Seat Ateca is well worth a look. Getting great reviews and even beat its cousin the Audi Q2 in a recent test. KIA Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are two other cars worth looking at. The new Peugeot 3008 looks really good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Mercedes-Benz have announced a straight 10% discount off the price of all new cars.

That probably makes the decision easier

Advertisement