Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI to IPTV converter

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

So weak, saw the exchange rate was good today so ordered technomate off amazon............ will report back on WAF once integrated into TVheadend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Nelbert wrote: »
    So weak, saw the exchange rate was good today so ordered technomate off amazon............ will report back on WAF once integrated into TVheadend.

I am interested to know if you have a similar delay after using the remote as I posted about.

I am interested to know if you have a similar delay after using the remote as I posted about.

Reviews I've read on the technomate suggest approx 0.8 second delay. will let you know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mick_ser

Yeah daisy chained them and combined with Saorview at the end. Saw a hotel done too using these stacked with a headend and Saorview. Got the 3+ offer at 125 each so good value I thought...

I had attempted to combine the Saorview signal at first but the RTE2 mux was swamped apparently.
    I tried initially changing the freq used but gave up and just separated the signals until I get the urge to tidy things up.

• Advertisement

Worked out about 135 with Amazon so I'm fairly happy. Got a splitter / combiner today and have my cabling ready for the techno mate to just be plugged in.

I had split my soarview to the two DVB-T tuners so I've put the combiner before this split which means the sky box will be available to either tuner and hopefully minimise any potential recording / viewing conflicts. Still think longer term I prefer the idea of a third dedicated tuner for it but it can wait.

Just an update guys.... arrived today. Set up and working well already.

The 2017 version lets you loop in an aerial (says so in the manual) and soarview works via the technomate which has helped reduced signal loss on my setup a good bit vs using the cheap combiner I got.

Channel change delay is about 4-5 seconds but I'm pretty sure most of that is tvheadend buffer (I've live pause / timeshift enabled). Will test more at the weekend to see if I can bring this down.

Unsure whether to bother with sky eye given the delay.... would make menus unusable.
    Might stick with sky+ app as THE remote for this sky box.

Just an update guys.... arrived today. Set up and working well already.

The 2017 version lets you loop in an aerial (says so in the manual) and soarview works via the technomate which has helped reduced signal loss on my setup a good bit vs using the cheap combiner I got.

Channel change delay is about 4-5 seconds but I'm pretty sure most of that is tvheadend buffer (I've live pause / timeshift enabled). Will test more at the weekend to see if I can bring this down.

Unsure whether to bother with sky eye given the delay.... would make menus unusable.
    Might stick with sky+ app as THE remote for this sky box.

I'm happier knowing that the delay is not something peculiar to my set up.
    I hope you find the cause .... look forward to further info from you.
    Thanks.

I'm happier knowing that the delay is not something peculiar to my set up.
    I hope you find the cause .... look forward to further info from you.
    Thanks.

Do you have an Edison or a Technomate? Not sure it would make much difference as I'm pretty confident the delay is related to my dvb-t tuner and tvheadend setup.

There's a fringe benefit to not getting sky eye (wife seems happy enough to use sky plus app).... I can use the cash to get a dedicated dvb-t for the technomate.

Do you have an Edison or a Technomate? Not sure it would make much difference as I'm pretty confident the delay is related to my dvb-t tuner and tvheadend setup.

There's a fringe benefit to not getting sky eye (wife seems happy enough to use sky plus app).... I can use the cash to get a dedicated dvb-t for the technomate.

I have an Edision .... but they sure look the same with the same spec etc.

What setting might be edited in tvheadend to reduce the delay?

EDIT:

I reduced the "Input buffer (bytes): 188000" to 18800 and that appears to have had a beneficial effect.

• Advertisement

I have an Edision .... but they sure look the same with the same spec etc.

What setting might be edited in tvheadend to reduce the delay?

Turning off time shift is the only thing I can think of that would reduce it, but that's a global setting so I'd lose live pause on every channel not just the sky box. Given the flexibility the setup gives me if this is the only drawback I can live with it.

Turning off time shift is the only thing I can think of that would reduce it, but that's a global setting so I'd lose live pause on every channel not just the sky box. Given the flexibility the setup gives me if this is the only drawback I can live with it.

I don't use time-shift so I am doubtful that will help.

See my edit above regarding reducing the Input Buffer setting.

I don't use time-shift so I am doubtful that will help.

See my edit above regarding reducing the Input Buffer setting.

Have changed it but not seeing any speed increase. Do I need to restart tvheadend to make the setting take effect?

Have changed it but not seeing any speed increase. Do I need to restart tvheadend to make the setting take effect?

I didn't ...... but have reverted the change and the reaction has not slowed again. :confused:

It now seems things are working better tonight for no reason I am aware of.
    :(

I didn't ...... but have reverted the change and the reaction has not slowed again. :confused:

It now seems things are working better tonight for no reason I am aware of.
    :(

Looks like the delay is some sort of buffer issue with kodi. If I fast forward on kodi after it starts playing the channel or watch via VLC the delay drops to around 1 second.... so probably the technomate's stated .8 plus a slight tvheadend delay.

Re-visiting this thread, as I have been satisfied with the HDMI>DVB-T Edision device and all has been working well.
    For your information this explains what I did to make it more acceptable to me to control what channel is displayed from the SKybox.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107882186&postcount=1

#####

Anyway, I wondered if anyone has any update on the use of the LK-373 the subject of this thread.

I would love to hear about anything that might be of interest, thanks.

I hope to get back to this device in the coming week or so.

Advertisement