Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting into fishing

Options
  • 29-10-2016 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I'm looking to getting into fishing as my father used to love fishing. i dont know much at all about it. can anyone give me a basic run down on the best rod to get and lures or flies etc. i can remember the uni knot he showed me years ago but thats about it. also can anyone tell me how to set up the line with a bubble and hook or fly. any other info that might help me out would be appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

First you have to tell us what you want to fish for! :) Sea or fresh water would be a good start. :)

I'm guessing trout from your post, but it's not the best time of the year for trout fishing.
    Pike fishing is very popular right now and might be worth considering.

Let us know a bit more regarding your location and target species and you'll get plenty of information.

Advertisement