Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp notebook 15 not connecting to Wi-Fi Windows 10

• 29-10-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

My laptop started not connecting to my Wi-Fi. Re Installed Windows 10 & upgraded modem. Mobile & tablet connect no problem. It's just the laptop. Will not see any Wi-Fi connection or say it is connected but no internet. Any Suggestions of what to try?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried the laptop with other wifi networks? Even your phone hotspot?

It might also be worth checking on the HP website to see if there is an up to date wifi driver for your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sinesprockett

Hi Dub 45, thanks for your reply. I did try the hp support sites and found quite a few others with problems with Windows 10. I had reinstalled Windows 10 totally, after having problems before..Did say to go to network adapter in settings, and right click to update latest drivers. Just says that has been updated.
    If you have any more advice, would be appreciated, at this stage sick of the sight of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

Im getting this problem, does anyone know if there will be a fix. My broadband provider is passing the buck to Windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

Open CMD prompt with administrator rights ,
    Type
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    Press enter

netsh int ipv4 reset c:\reset-4.log
    Press enter

netsh int ipv6 reset c:\reset-6.log
    Press enter

Restart pc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Dub 45, thanks for your reply. I did try the hp support sites and found quite a few others with problems with Windows 10. I had reinstalled Windows 10 totally, after having problems before..Did say to go to network adapter in settings, and right click to update latest drivers. Just says that has been updated.
    If you have any more advice, would be appreciated, at this stage sick of the sight of it!

Did you ever get this sorted? If not it might be worth trying a usb wifi adapter. Disable the current wifi card in device manager and install the new usb adapter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

TanFlash wrote:
    Open CMD prompt with administrator rights , Type netsh winsock reset catalog Press enter

TanFlash wrote:
    netsh int ipv4 reset c:\reset-4.log Press enter

The winsock reset will work

Advertisement