Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarvis Walker 700 just fell apart

Options
  • 29-10-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up a new Jarvis Walker 9' combo rod a month ago. Took it out twice, each time for about an hour, mostly to fruitlessly chase mackerel.

Walking home tonight from the pier, didn't notice when the 'cap' part that's on the other side of the reel from the handle, fell off. Now, the handle no longer holds in. Any chance there might be a replacement part available? Otherwise the things useless. Haven't been back to the shop yet to see what they can do, just wondering if I bought a lemon or these rigs are just junk.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

most of them combo deals arent great quailty. 9' seems a bit small for chasing mackeral. bring it back to the shop and see wat they say

I agree with above poster...most of those combo deals are cheap junk.

The rule I've learned over the years with fishing gear is "Buy Cheap Buy Twice".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well, I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me out a replacement part within 1 business day. That's very impressive, everything's working fine again - in fact, the 'cap' they sent fits better than the one it replaced, I wonder if they updated their design.

Now, back to the elusive fish...

Advertisement