Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One- main camera won't focus, scratch- how to clean

Options
  • 29-10-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a HTC One, M7 (from 2013). The main camera isn't working-
    it's trying to focus but won't
    I see like a 'wave move' through the image when I have the camera on (if that makes sense).
    there's a little scratch on the outer lens cover. I'm guessing the scratch is the problem.

I'm wondering what people use to try to fix the scratch? I've read many different things- toothpaste, vaseline etc. I contacted Displex but they said that the lens cover is glass and they don't have any products for this. is the lens cover glass or some kind of plastic?

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How signifcant is the scratch? Normally it shouldnt be an issue as its outside the focal ranges of the camera so the AF can't "see" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

ED E wrote: »
    How signifcant is the scratch? Normally it shouldnt be an issue as its outside the focal ranges of the camera so the AF can't "see" it.

not massive or directly in front of the lens. I was half thinking the same. Maybe it's time to get a new phone so; currently looking at the OnePlus 3 or Remi mi5...

Advertisement