Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belmont Road area

• 29-10-2016 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at a room in 5th Belmont Road area of Belfast.
    What sort of area is this in terms of non locals living in the area and also could I cycle easily to work from there? Can you go in via the been way or is it done on roads?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, it's grand up there. You'd probably have to cycle mostly on the road but a friend of mine does it regularly from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is the Greenway not near there or any bus lanes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Where's work?
    You've a bit of jaunt up to the greenway form Belmont Rd and it'll only get you as far as the Holywood Arches. It's probably just as easy just to cycle on the road into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Dublin road.
    Is those roads in and over the Albert bridge not a bit heart stopping for a cyclist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Depends on what you're used to cycling in I suppose. The Albert bridge wouldn't be my favourite route over the river (cycling), but it's by far the most practical if you're heading for the Dublin Rd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement