Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50-pin RJ21 Telco Amphenol cable

Options
  • 29-10-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I hope I have the right forum for this.

I have a analog gateway that connects with this cable:

BwtivpQl.jpg

I plan to connect RJ 45 connectors at the end of the black cables and straight to a patch panel that connects to analog phones at the end.

In those black cables are 2 individual wires, im pretty sure they will be connected to pin 4 and pin 5 in a RJ 45 connector but im unsure in what order.

What I mean by order is those individual wires, how do I know which go to pin 4 or 5 in the RJ45 connector or does it matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Shouldnt matter, its a long long time since I came across an analog device that wasnt polarity insensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

0lddog wrote: »
    Shouldnt matter, its a long long time since I came across an analog device that wasnt polarity insensitive

Thanks alot 0lddog

That give me some peace of mind

Advertisement