Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 Viewing Options

• 29-10-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭

Its all about to start again. Cannot get Sky in my apartment due as the balcony faces the wrong way, and as tied in to at least 12 more months of broadband with 3 so cant really get Eir. So am stuck with VM. I watched 202 in the red cow, but much preferred to have been watching in the comfort of my own gaff like i had done with most of the prior events. Now will have to do the same for 205 or else 1 of the places in the city centre. Althoughts its a great atmosphere for the main event, i was hoping to get a good view of all the fights so that wont really happen when you factor in the drinking and friends/other people factor. Anyone know if more than 3 places will show it this time considering how big an event it is, what coner will achieve if he wins, the success of his last fight?? If he wins this he really has to get a heros welcome when he lands back in dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guys where's the best place to watch this fight that still serves alcohol at 6am?? Cant buy online and only have UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Guys where's the best place to watch this fight that still serves alcohol at 6am?? Cant buy online and only have UPC

The Living Room, Sin and Red Cow all had late licenses for the last fight so i presume any of them! It's going to be a messy crowd in all 3 places but sure you'll probably be planning on getting messy yourself :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moved posts here..

Lads keep all talk regarding how and where to view the card here - obviously no talk of illegal streaming, vpn's and/or streaming devices..

How can I watch the event?
    Fight Pass Prelims are live on Fight Pass (free trial for new users or €7.99 a month. Subscribe here.). Fight Pass will also get you the Prelims live, while the Prelims are also broadcast on BT Sport.

Recently due to changes in licensing, the only legal way to view the main card of UFC events now is to have access to BT Sport. Sky customers can subscribe via the usual means, while Eir broadband customers can get BT Sport for free on their Sky box by providing Eir with their viewing card number. Eir broadband customers can also access BT Sport online for free by following the instructions here.

Living Room, Red Cow, Sin the usual suspects for the late licenses.

This is just a thought but anybody interested in a forum night-out for this or Boards house viewing party? I suppose by that i mean the center of the universe (Dublin) lol. Rules out Mellor i know but could be some good banter if we could get a fair amount of "Conor fanboys" and "haters" together for an amazing card :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

GiftofGab wrote: »

Nowhere will be serving alcohol til 6am. Most of the spots that wonderfullife mention will stop serving at 2:30/3:00am but you'll be allowed stay there. You might be able to stock up at last orders or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

red cow was still serving alcohol till at least after 4 last time, maybe even during the main even tho not sure as was glued the screen at the time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm going to be in Hamburg for this. It's a long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere over there that would show it.

I'm going to be in Hamburg for this. It's a long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere over there that would show it.

Not sure if this helps but UFC does their official German PPV's through the following site:

http://www.ranfighting.de/

It's 15 euro for the Main Card and you can opt between German and English commentary. You can pay by PayPal or credit card. It's only available whilst in Germany.

If it's boozing you're after i doubt there'll be anywhere opening late to show it. Even in Berlin you'd struggle (i know they didn't show UFC 194 in any bars in Berlin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Try Thomas Read's in the Reeperbahn. When we were over for the UFC last month we ended up in there. I think they close up at 5am however (or they threw us out at that time anyway :pac:).

Best option is definitely to buy the PPV yourself if that's an option.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not sure if this helps but UFC does their official German PPV's through the following site:

http://www.ranfighting.de/

It's 15 euro for the Main Card and you can opt between German and English commentary. You can pay by PayPal or credit card. It's only available whilst in Germany.

If it's boozing you're after i doubt there'll be anywhere opening late to show it. Even in Berlin you'd struggle (i know they didn't show UFC 194 in any bars in Berlin).

Yeah, looking to watch it in a pub hopefully. I'll keep the PPV option in mind.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Try Thomas Read's in the Reeperbahn. When we were over for the UFC last month we ended up in there. I think they close up at 5am however (or they threw us out at that time anyway :pac:).

Best option is definitely to buy the PPV yourself if that's an option.

Cheers for that, I sent them a message on facebook so we'll see what they come back with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

the plaza hotel do it also in tallaght, You buy your tickets in Grumpys, the pub connected to the hotel.

messy crowd their as well but they served drink right up until the mcgregor fight was on,

feckin hard part was getting home haha every single taxi avoided me and 2 of my mates like the plague, but picked up all the girls.
    I even seen guards pick up girls to drop them home (I assume, they were not getting arrested thats for sure)

Enjoyable enough night but I think for this time around I'd prefer to watch it in my own house, where theirs no ejits throwing their weight around sniffing coke thinking their the next ufc champion hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 18 morgi

Anyone happen to know if theres anywhere showing it in Galway? I can always watch it at my place, but find it harder to stay awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 morgi

Anyone happen to know if theres anywhere showing it in Galway? I can always watch it at my place, but find it harder to stay awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Anyone in Galway knowing where they are showing the fight? I have looked everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Is it possible to buy the PPV online to watch here? No problem paying for it legally if I can find where to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

we need MORE TV stations there's not enough around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If you know someone with an eir account you can ask them for their login details and add your device to watch it. Thats what Ive done, so longer as eirs stream doesnt go down it should be a lot more prefereble than jumping around dodgy sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Anyone know some where in cork city showing the fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Where can i see a video of last nights conor fight have searched the web but no joy,cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

damon5 wrote: »
    Where can i see a video of last nights conor fight have searched the web but no joy,cheers.

mmacore.com

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    mmacore.com

Thanks for that prompt reply but when i click on links on Boards i,m always getting redirected elseware,copied and pasted the link and a page comes up that its under construction,Someone else said conors facebook page,found it and when i clicked on the video it said that the page had been removed ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

damon5 wrote: »
    Thanks for that prompt reply but when i click on links on Boards i,m always getting redirected elseware,copied and pasted the link and a page comes up that its under construction,Someone else said conors facebook page,found it and when i clicked on the video it said that the page had been removed ...

Pm'd you.

Thanks for all the help but having trouble with the laptop now and couldnt view the fight,Was just watching the 5.30 news on tv3 and they said the fight is being shown on e3 tommorrow night at 9pm cheers..

Advertisement