Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerns about guy I just started to share with

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They are paying a grand to rent a double room, that is hardly doing well for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

Lux23 wrote: »
    They are paying a grand to rent a double room, that is hardly doing well for themselves.

If they hadn't gotten this room-share then their alternative would have been renting a one bed apt by themselves.
    That's what we had to do as a couple and we pay €1,500 per month to do so. So i'd say they're doing really well to have that €500 extra in their pocket every month. They'd still be sharing the same bedroom in their own one bed flat.

I'll take your point about the rental market in general being ridiculously overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

If they hadn't gotten this room-share then their alternative would have been renting a one bed apt by themselves.
    That's what we had to do as a couple and we pay €1,500 per month to do so. So i'd say they're doing really well to have that €500 extra in their pocket every month. They'd still be sharing the same bedroom in their own one bed flat.

I'll take your point about the rental market in general being ridiculously overpriced.

Do you mind me asking where you're renting? There are lots of areas in Dublin where you could easily get a 2-bed for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

A very nice area very close to the city center! It's expensive but it suits both of our commutes and it's a really nice home. Also the lack of second bedroom discourages unwanted house-guests :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Alpha Wave wrote: »
    Chancing my arm, I offered 1000 and too my surprise he accepted and he said he would renege on accepting the other persons offer.
    Alpha Wave wrote: »
    He was also letting the apartment to her for 800 and is now charging us 1000
    I find it amusing that you have an issue with paying a thousand, when you yourself offered that amount.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

the_syco wrote: »
    I find it amusing that you have an issue with paying a thousand, when you yourself offered that amount.

edit

Advertisement