If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony or Panasonic

Options
  • 30-10-2016 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Stuck in a pickle. In two minds whether to purchase the Panasonic TX50DX802B or Sony KD55XD8599??

I do watch a lot of golf and worried if the Panasonic will be blurry as there are few reviews out there.

Price is similar so don't know which to choose. I'd appreciate your views. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

12345abcde wrote: »
    Stuck in a pickle. In two minds whether to purchase the Panasonic TX50DX802B or Sony KD55XD8599??

I do watch a lot of golf and worried if the Panasonic will be blurry as there are few reviews out there.

Price is similar so don't know which to choose. I'd appreciate your views. Thanks
    HI 12345abcde, many thanks for your posgt

Of the 2 models, personally I prefer the Panasonic for overall picture quality, and motion processing. Also I think the smart menu etc is much better in the Panasonic, if slightly restricted compared to the openness of android. 
    The Sony is a very good TV for 55" at the money, so if size is more important, go with Sony, but I would take the Pana 50DX802 myself

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6 12345abcde

Thanks a million Brian I appreciate the response.

I agree with you regarding the Panasonic model vs Sony. However having reviewed a couple of other options I am looking at the Samsung 7000 49" model UE49KS7000. I'm not concerned regarding the size and I won't watch the 3D on the Panasonic model.

Regarding the picture quality how would you rate this model against the Panasonic 802 model? Price is roughly same so really interested in picture quality.

Thanks again for your help. Will be buying from you guys next week!!

Sorry Brian probably looking at the UE49KS7500 vs Panasonic model.

Thoughts??

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

12345abcde wrote: »
    Sorry Brian probably looking at the UE49KS7500 vs Panasonic model.

Thoughts??
    Hey 12345abcde.

It would be a tough call between the 2 but the Samsung may pip it with the Quantum Dot over Panasonic Hollywood studios tweaks.

The 49KS7500 also has a slightly better refresh rate at 2200Hz over the Pana's 2000Hz

The Panasonic does have a more stylish design for the speakers as it fixes to the front bottom, this can be removed.

The 7500 is curved where the Pana is not.

49KS7500 currently priced at £1199.00 - (Currently running a voucher code TV100 for £100 of this screen).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201961-ue49ks7500.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

50dx802 priced at £1049.00 (Currently running a voucher code TV50 for £50 off this screen).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202051-panasonic-tx50dx802b.aspx

both screens also come with our VIP 6 year warranty.

Delivery on either would be £6.99

Let me know what you think.

Hi I finally went with the Samsung UE55KS7000 and very happy as to the purchase! Thank you.

Just a couple of questions.

1. I have an amazon prime account and I can't seem like see this app on this tv. Any clue as to how to access amazon prime from the Samsung tv?
    2. Any clinic as to the best picture settings for this tv? I went on you tube but the settings I got weren't great.

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

thanks for the Post and yep, the KS7000 is a savage TV..

All the Apps on LG / Samsung etc are regionalised and most are ip-geo locked - ie you will get different apps in Ireland and the UK.

Unfortunately I understand that Amazon Prime is not available to ROI residents in any guise or an any TV platform at the moment - to be fair to Samsung, its not a Samsung issue - its an Amazon / ROI issue..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.