Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport/Dixons

Options
  • 30-10-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone's passing through duty free, Dixons are selling 16g iPhone 6s for €500, they come with a free Otter box of your choice and a screen saver. Apple watches are €175 for the 38mm and €200 for the 42. You can pay and pick them up on your return.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

naasrd wrote: »
    Just in case anyone's passing through duty free, Dixons are selling 16g iPhone 6s for €500, they come with a free Otter box of your choice and a screen saver. Apple watches are €175 for the 38mm and €200 for the 42. You can pay and pick them up on your return.

You sure about this? 200 for a watch that Apple is selling for 379 doesn't sound credible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

maximum12 wrote: »
    You sure about this? 200 for a watch that Apple is selling for 379 doesn't sound credible.

I'd imagine they're shifting stock of the original watch.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

whiterebel wrote: »
    I'd imagine they're shifting stock of the original watch.

Yep, I'd imagine that's it ok, Apple are also selling that model off to their employees at the minute for €179 and €205 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

maximum12 wrote: »

It's true alright. I was planning on going to Belfast to get my 2 adult kids a 6s each for xmas as sterling is low. I put 2 on the credit card and collected them on the way back. The deal is only at the airport and it appears they want to get rid of them. I have the watch but was sorely tempted to pick one up at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

naasrd wrote: »
    It's true alright. I was planning on going to Belfast to get my 2 adult kids a 6s each for xmas as sterling is low. I put 2 on the credit card and collected them on the way back. The deal is only at the airport and it appears they want to get rid of them. I have the watch but was sorely tempted to pick one up at that price.

Amazing prices alright. Did a quick search on Ryanair and could book a 9.99 one way ticket for Thursday to UK which would get me airside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I just spoke to one of the girls there, she's not sure what model the are, she seemed to think that they are the original ones but she did also mention series 1, they haven't had any of the latest ones in to store yet. If it's a case that the are the dual core series 1 and not the single core original which apple themselves are selling off, then it is indeed a very good deal. Oh and she told me that the 42mm is €249 and the 38mm is €200.

https://www.theloop.ie/p/18478/applewatch-42-mm-sports-band

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

6s is out of stock

Advertisement