Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remember the Zlatan quotes?

• 30-10-2016 10:16am

...some of them were pretty funny at the start, but then it got a bit tiresome like that Chuck Norris fad.

Surely, if anything, following his showing in the Euros followed by his failure to set the world alight in Manchester, they have become funnier?

"When you buy me, you buy a Ferrari" is my favourite at the moment...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So we forget his history and focus on his bad run of form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

A brilliant player having a frustrating run. Nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yesterday was the first bad game he's had. All before that was mainly down to the ineptitude that surrounds him in his current job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Are all the quotes about him equally wrong now?

He's just older, that's all.

Sirsok wrote: »
    So we forget his history and focus on his bad run of form?

Oh wasn't really analysing him as a player.

More the whole cult of "I am the greatest" that surrounded him, pouncing on every line as if was brilliant...and how they seem to have dried up.

If he returns to form, which is of course highly probable, just wonder will they be hauled out again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

theteal wrote: »
    Yesterday was the first bad game he's had. All before that was mainly down to the ineptitude that surrounds him in his current job.

He didn't really have that bad a game he just missed a few chances but his overall contribution was pretty good I thought.

6 goals in 14 games is a decent enough start.

Anything around 15 in the league and 20 in all competitions would be a great season for him considering his age.

I really hope he does have a good season because if he doesn't it will lead to endless ****e about the English game being too tough for him and him not being a great player despite the truly incredible career he has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

He's gone 35......... He's gone past it

Oh wasn't really analysing him as a player.

More the whole cult of "I am the greatest" that surrounded him, pouncing on every line as if was brilliant...and how they seem to have dried up.

If he returns to form, which is of course highly probable, just wonder will they be hauled out again.

When he was asked if he had met any City fans in Manchester, he said

“I’ve met a lot but they became United supporters when they met me!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

You do realise most of these quotes are made up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The man is 35 years old. If Messi is where he is in 6 years time and Ronaldo is where he is in 4 years time then they should both be very impressed with themselves.

Seriously longevity from an absolute legend of the game.

• Advertisement

You do realise most of these quotes are made up?

As Abraham Lincoln said "The problem with quotes you find on the internet is that you can't always depend on their accuracy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The problem for United, not Zlatan, is they signed a 35 year old on a free transfer as their main striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

When he claimed his shirt sales paid for Pogba to return, "Finally my shirt brought him back". That sums up what UTD have become recently, a money maker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭adaminho

kdUNAvo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He has played well in a lot of the games, he just hasn't found the net (which is his primary job)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As Abraham Lincoln said "The problem with quotes you find on the internet is that you can't always depend on their accuracy"

That was definitely Christopher Marlowe

Goals not quotes Zlats

How many tackles per game is the key stat for a striker these days anyway.

• Are zlatan quotes a busted flush?
    Is zlatan a busted flush?
    Is Jose a busted flush?
    Have I busted the flush of nonsense threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

es5838vctzmx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ibra is a fun guy and he acts cocky because he enjoys his life. He is on a dry run at the minute but once he scores again watch out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

JPA wrote: »
    The problem for United, not Zlatan, is they signed a 35 year old on a free transfer as their main striker.
    It struck me as a weird "buy" at the time, even on a free transfer. Yes, he was a fantastic player last season for PSG. But Ligue 1 isn't as intense/frenetic as the PL. The week in, week out slog is a lot to ask of a 35 year old, even someone as (presumably) fit as him. By definition, he can only be thought of as a short term buy. I'd have thought their best bet was to rely on the likes of Martial, Rashford and Lingard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'll say one thing for him he has incredible technique when scissor kicking the ball from a cross. The power and direction he gets is incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Isn't it better than the bland rubbish some of the players these days come out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I thought he done well yesterday and really his last minute miss was the howler, the other ones, the goalkeeper got the better of him. I thought the keeper broke his hand/arm stopping that volley!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I anxiously await a future quote of his on how he felt playing with Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'll say one thing for him he has incredible technique when scissor kicking the ball from a cross. The power and direction he gets is incredible.

Big guys obviously practice those kicks growing up

Advertisement