Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easy or difficult is it to rent in south county Dublin?

Options
  • 30-10-2016 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering how easy or hard it is to find rental accommodation (not sharing) in south county Dublin? I lived there for several years and moved out of Dublin last year. At the time I was paying 1350 eur a month for a 2 bed apartment in Stillorgan.

From what I've heard on the radio and read online, apparently it's very hard to find places to rent in Dublin. Has anyone here recently tried to find a place to rent in south county Dublin? I suppose I'm thinking D18, Stepaside, Sandyford, Stillorgan etc.

From looking on Daft it seems that a 1 bed place goes for a minimum of 1400 a month in those areas.

I was just wondering if I went to move back, how hard would it be to find a place? I think I could stretch my budget to maybe 1600-1700 a month but that is not definite. At present I am not planning to move back just yet, but possibly sometime in 2017.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

It's madness

Your looking at anywhere up to 1800 for a decent 2 bed place up here. I'm sure there are places below that.

100's of people at viewings, Then you have people offering 2K + a month or 6-12 months rent up front just to get the place.

Gone are the days you just needed a good reference and a job.

But if you don't get out and look and go to viewing you'll never know. So don't let anything you hear put you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Thanks. At the moment I'm not planning to move back but it's a possibility maybe in 6-9 months time. I guess one thing that might put me off is getting a job then not being able to find a place to live. I'm currently living in the north so would need to change jobs in order to move back.

Advertisement