Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia's New ICBM "Satan 2"

• 30-10-2016 1:01pm

http://futurism.com/meet-satan-2-russias-new-icbm-nuke-capable-of-leveling-france-or-texas-in-one-hit/

Dr Paul Craig Roberts, who is the former assistant secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy, said in a blog post that the missile packs so much power that it would be strong enough to “wipe out three-fourths of New York state for thousands of years.” Other reports assert that the size of the package could be large enough to devastate an area the size of Texas.End Quote.

Backwards the world is going, inevitably at some point there will be another major conflict, question is who will be insane enough to launch the first ICBM ?

We all know what will happen once the first one is launched.

Who thinks it will or won't happen in our lifetime ?

Earth would be a very difficult place to live on after that if anyone is unfortunate enough not to be vaporised in the blasts.

Does anyone know the actual MT of the Nuclear device itself ?

I'm presuming it's nothing compared to the "Tsar Bomba"?

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201610301046887680-ussr-bomb-history/

The blast wave circled the planet three times. On Dikson Island, some 800km from the range, the wave shattered windows, bringing the sound of cannonade with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

There's been enough nukes to put an end to everything for decades. A better, bigger, faster ICBM doesn't get you any more dead than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Large bombs are only good for pretty pictures and Guinness book of records, they are not actually an efficient way of destroying Texas. ICBMs like this split up in their terminal phase - releasing multiple smaller warheads along with decoys/countermeasures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_independently_targetable_reentry_vehicle

The innovation here isn't in the size of the warheads, it's more about countermeasures, accuracy, maintenance cost, deployability etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And people wonder why there's a need for missle Defence shields ,
    As much hype around the Tzar bomba at the time chances are the bombers carrying it would have been shot down long before it could be deployed,

But as already mentioned ICBMs are the biggest danger

Why is Man so intent on destroying Himself ? is it inevitable ?

Why is Man so intent on destroying itself ? is it inevitable ?

Human nature .

I am man I must take ,
    if I cannot take i will kill
    If I cannot have then No one will have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

dont worry OPP,
    The planet will recover,
    Just humans wont be around to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not even called the satan 2, more western propaganda to make us feel like scared little kittens so our governments can trample all over our freedoms, the clocks rapidly ticking back to 1984.

It's not even called the satan 2,

RS 26 for now.
    RS-36M which it's replacing was code named Satan by Nato.

And if this is propaganda, then it's coming from Kremlin state media who have shouting from the roof tops about the new missle for the last several months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I vote for 'Nukey McNukeface'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Gatling wrote: »
    And people wonder why there's a need for missle Defence shields ,
    As much hype around the Tzar bomba at the time chances are the bombers carrying it would have been shot down long before it could be deployed,

But as already mentioned ICBMs are the biggest danger

I think this is more of a response to the missile defence shields being deployed by NATO and the US.
    Russia can't have its weapons nullified by them so as a counter creates a Weapon that can by pass them.
    Then in turn the US will say it needs better and then Russia will need better again it's a big vicious circle.

I presume China will be next with a new ICBM when THAAD is deployed in South Korea.

• Advertisement

XsApollo wrote: »
    I think this is more of a response to the missile defence shields being deployed by NATO and the US.
    Russia can't have its weapons nullified by them so as a counter creates a Weapon that can by pass them.
    Then in turn the US will say it needs better and then Russia will need better again it's a big vicious circle.

I presume China will be next with a new ICBM when THAAD is deployed in South Korea.

Then we will see lasers been deployed and rail guns ,
    Your right about the big vicious circle at this stage give every country a few Nuclear weapons.

What we need is a complete reset and brave leaders willing to ditch Nuclear weapons all together

Na the world is Itching for War, if only these countries were half as good at looking after their own people instead of creating weapons to destroy others. What pathetic scum they are, playing war games like Children in the school yard.

Maybe the Bible was right , and maybe we're in the end times , what's that they call it, the book of revelations ? and this is the Great tribulation ? after which anyone left on earth would witness the return of Christ and all will live for a time in peace before the end of time itself.

Or maybe I'm mixing the Bible up with something else ?

What a happy story.....

Advertisement