Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones for helmets

Options
  • 30-10-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone suggest a good pair of headphones that will fit in, or under, the earpads of a helmet (Smith Variance)? I had Skullcandy ones but they were pretty shabby, they lasted two seasons in total and then fell apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I have skull candy too but it looks like they've discontinued that style of earphone and gone back to ear buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hmm... Earbuds that work under a helmet would interest me. Thanks. Any I've tried move, and cut out the sound, when I put the helmet on.
    One of the other problems I had with the previous drop in skullcandy headphones was they hurt like hell after a few hours on the slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

try EarHoox
    Never used them under a helmet but work great for running

cormee wrote: »
    Hmm... Earbuds that work under a helmet would interest me. Thanks. Any I've tried move, and cut out the sound, when I put the helmet on.
    One of the other problems I had with the previous drop in skullcandy headphones was they hurt like hell after a few hours on the slope.

Had that same problem with my new helmet this year. I took them out after one run. Haven't used them since. Old helmet never had a problem.

stecleary wrote: »
    try EarHoox
    Never used them under a helmet but work great for running

From their site, unfortunately:

"Hey Earhoox Family! Earhoox.com is temporarily suspending future orders to United States, Europe, India, China, and Japan. "

Will have a look elsewhere for them though, thanks. The round ones look like they could work.

• Advertisement

Had that same problem with my new helmet this year. I took them out after one run. Haven't used them since. Old helmet never had a problem.

Do you have a big head, by any chance? I do, my helmet is xxl, the biggest size the helmet was available in, and it barely fit me. I think that's what was pressing the earphones in.
    Putting the helmet back on after lunch was the stuff of nightmares, but I love having music on the slopes, so I suffered it.

Do you have a big head, by any chance? I do, my helmet is xxl, the biggest size the helmet was available in, and it barely fit me. I think that's what was pressing the earphones in.
    Putting the helmet back on after lunch was the stuff of nightmares, but I love having music on the slopes, so I suffered it.

Some might say I've a big head but not physically. It's the ear pads themselves. Some are bigger and some are better shaped to allow the chin strap to be tight while not pressuring the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

From their site, unfortunately:

"Hey Earhoox Family! Earhoox.com is temporarily suspending future orders to United States, Europe, India, China, and Japan. "

Will have a look elsewhere for them though, thanks. The round ones look like they could work.

I have a spare pair of the apple style ones I've never used if you want them, PM and I can post them, If you dont have apple style earbuds you'll pick them up in most chinese phone places for about €10

stecleary wrote: »
    I have a spare pair of the apple style ones I've never used if you want them, PM and I can post them, If you dont have apple style earbuds you'll pick them up in most chinese phone places for about €10

Thanks for the offer, I should be OK i think. I just ordered a pair like them on Ali Express. Will let you know if they're not suitable though ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Some companies do built in Headphones, Sweet Protection (All helmets I think!) , Salmon Brigade Audio, and a few others! Little less cost effective but probably a little better in result of the helmet actually being used for what it is designed for!

• Advertisement
Advertisement