Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Lock question

Options
  • 30-10-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Would I be better off buying a secondary cable lock to lock my front wheel to the frame or just buy an extender cable like everyone else and loop it through the D lock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I use a cable through my D lock - it came with the lock when I got it. The general advice is the more locks the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

And do other people use those locking skewer thingies instead of quick release wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Chuchote wrote: »
    And do other people use those locking skewer thingies instead of quick release wheels?

I always replace quick-release skewers. The rear wheel, which is locked by a secondary u-lock, gets a simple hex-nut skewer. The front wheel gets a pitlock security skewer, which requires a special tool to open the skewer. I like to lock the bike twice anyway, and I can do this and forget about the front wheel:

397126.jpg

Advertisement