Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver and downloading it.

Options
  • 30-10-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello.
    I'm new to this so do easy:). I'm about to start a Web page design course and it uses Dreamweaver and PhotoShop but I have just discovered to my horror that you cant "buy" either of them. You have to subscribe (after a free month) and its about 40 euros. I just want it as a hobby and cant afford that (480 per year). Anyone got any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There are alternatives to Photoshop, GIMP is probably the most well known of the free offerings.

Dreamweaver I'm not sure of but you can code html in any text editor and there are plenty of free if not as well featured alternatives about if you search.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bigal59

Ken
    Thanks for that but my problem is not alternatives as the course is using Dreamweaver and PhotoShop and whilst Im on the course I have to use it. That's fine in class but I cant practice it at home as I don't have it but your info is cool for when Im through with it.
    Thanks for replying
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you're expecting someone to advise how to obtain the software without paying you should know that Boards.ie will not allow such conversations.

Ken

Ken
    Fair enough, didn't realize that, new to it.
    Cool.
    Alan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Bigal59 wrote: »
    Ken
    Fair enough, didn't realize that, new to it.
    Cool.
    Alan

If you are a student you may be able to get a special student license at a much cheaper price for the software. Your college should be able to provide more details if this is possible.

• Advertisement

Yoyo
    I am (or will be soon). Thats good to know.
    Thanks for that.
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Hi Alan.
    Pixlr is a web based open source version of photoshop. Its not exactly the same but is very similar to photoshops layout and basic functionality. I suggest it over gimp as it is more like photoshop.

As for dreamweaver I suggest using Notepad ++ which is also free, it alows to code in html, it doesnt have any shortcuts like dreamweaver and has a basic interface but it is handy to begin coding with. It also encourages you to learn quicker than dreamweaver as you actually learn code rather than having a drag and drop interface. If you want something looking a bit snazzier than notepad maybe try a code editor like sublime text.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Dreamweaver CS6 can be purchased without subs from adobe
    just bear in mind it is no-longer being updated

Recurve360
    Excellent, will check both when I start the course (next Monday) and compare.
    Thanks.
    Alan

Josh
    Thats good to know as well. Again I will compare and weigh up my options.
    Thanks for that.
    Alan

• Advertisement
Advertisement