Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bourbon biscuits

Options
  • 30-10-2016 5:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Why have bourbon biscuits fallen in price all at the same time in Aldi, Lidl & Tesco ..and to the same price points?
    19c for 200g Lidl, 39c for 400g Tesco
    If I recall, they were double the price before

Is there a cartel on the bourbon biscuit line? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

All made by the same UK company. Sterling/Euro savings perhaps.

It's hardly a cartel when they are driving DOWN prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why have bourbon biscuits fallen in price all at the same time in Aldi, Lidl & Tesco ..and to the same price points?

This isn't a consumer issue this is supermarkets dropping their prices competitively, and the competition following suit. It's the norm for own brands in major chains to reciprocate pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ingredients got cheaper? Prove matching?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dropping prices for price matching sites/surveys?

I thought it was you, snubbleste, who gave me that explanation before as to why caster sugar is often the cheapest form of sugar nowadays. Noticed it in tesco, supervalu, aldi & maybe lidl. Cheaper than granulated which should cost less to produce.

I did notice burbons being very cheap in lidl a fair few months ago, and have been cheap in tesco for a good while.

As they are a common biscuit it might be in comparisons. Others are still noticeably expensive. I have not had garibaldis in years, and at 1.99 for 200g in tesco I will not be anytime soon, for pretty plain biscuits I expected them to be 50cent.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254921673

Cream crackers are also very cheap in many places, I also put down to price comparisons. 26c for 200g of tesco ones, €1.45 for jacobs, the tesco ones are grand. Chocolate digestives can be really cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

They are F***ing gorgeous with a cuppa and taste even better the cheaper they get so hopefully these sort of consumer issues continue !!!! Sip and Dunk !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement