Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any information on Living in Park West?

Options
  • 30-10-2016 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm just looking for any information or experiences from people living in Park West. I've searched on here and on google but all the information I find is from pre 2013 so may be outdated. The main pros and cons from people currently living in Park West would be great!

Mainly concerned about the lack of amenities in the area, is Spar the only shop close to The Academy and Crescent Apartment Blocks?

What is the public transport like, from what I can see its a 5-10 mins walk to Cherry Orchard Station and then 10 mins to Heuston. Trains coming once an hour or so with extras during rush hours. Alternatively I think there's the 860 expressbus service to the city center within 30 mins or so.

Is there any other information which I may not be aware of or any planned improvements in the area etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Your 10 mins from a prison, 5 mins from the largest halting site in Dublin.

Its a ghost town at night, there are no amenities, closest amenities would be in Clondalkin.

Its basically an apartment block in the middle of an empty industrial estate.

By the time the train gets to park West it is full.

There are many dodgy characters hanging around that area at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Your 10 mins from a prison, 5 mins from the largest halting site in Dublin.

Its a ghost town at night, there are no amenities, closest amenities would be in Clondalkin.

Its basically an apartment block in the middle of an empty industrial estate.

By the time the train gets to park West it is full.

There are many dodgy characters hanging around that area at night.

Cheers for that. Hadn't thought about train being full but makes sense!

Anyone else have any info to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

One of the girls I work with lives there - there is a shuttle bus to the city center which she uses to travel to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

I have a close relation living there. Liffey valley shopping centre is a 5 min drive, Lidl and Aldi on the fonthill road are 10mins drive. There is also a gym and a hotel. It is a victim of the property crash, as mentioned above there is not much else there at the moment but good location via longmile, Nangor rd or Ballyfermot to M50/town. A long awaited direct link with the city centre (IFSC, Tara, Pearse) via the Phoenix park tunnel rail line will start before or after Christmas at peak hours only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

It's a dreary hole, avoid it if you can. I worked there for 5 yrs and I don't know why anyone (who has a choice) would live there. it's a miserable place.

Instead of trees you have Plyons, no village to walk to, a shop (spar) that only opened on weekdays and weekends until 2pm, though it used to close on Sundays. Heavy truck traffic due to the industrial estate on your door step. 1 bus that comes every hour, a 30 min walk to the luas, a train station that serves train in the morning and evening but not much activity at the weekends or non peak hours. A pub that closed down due to some lad being stabbed to death. Many restaurants tried and failed due to lack of customers, nobody goes there at nights or weekends.

The place is a ghost town at the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I forgot that was what did in Bennigans/Hannigans - http://www.herald.ie/news/bloodbath-was-sparked-when-man-produced-knife-in-organised-fight-27926905.html

It was pretty dire to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

I worked there for 4 years - Ghost Town - no place to live in my opinion.

Advertisement