Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Not Turning On

Options
  • 30-10-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend's PS4 randomly turned off last night while we were watching something and it would not power back on.

I unplugged it for about 4 or 5 minutes before plugging it back in and it turned on again and it was fine for the rest of the night.

I was able to turn it on again this morning but after roughly 20 minutes it just powered off again, and wouldn't turn back on.

I tried the same thing, unplugging it for 5 minutes then plugging it back in and it turned on, only this time it turned back off after a much shorter frame of time - about 5 minutes.

Between all of this I've tried different plugs and even plugged it directly into the wall socket to see if it made any difference. Nothing.

I've tried booting it into safe mode and nothing has worked.

As it stands, the console is just not lasting any longer than a couple of minutes before it powers off and it does not turn back on almost 90% at the time at this stage.

What are my options? I bought it in Gamestop not even a year ago (Christmas present) so I'll assume it's still under some form of warranty, only I don't know how to go about getting it fixed or replaced or whatever the process is.

Do I go into Gamestop and tell them the problem? Or do I have to contact Sony directly?

In all my years of gaming I've never had a console die out on me in less than a year. The funny thing is I also got a PS4 at the same time and mines is grand. It's the same model (the later model with the mechanical power button and matte finish on the HDD cover)

I'll take any advice

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

ring sony get a reference number off them after they walk you through any possible fixes if any, and then return to gamestop with receipt and reference number off sony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It sounds like it might be overheating because of dust buildup / blocked fan . Bring the console to a garage if you don't have an aiirline handy and blow the crap out of the vents . Make sure you blow from the sides and not from the rear as that is the direction of airflow .

It might work and it costs nothing to try it.

Advertisement