Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun parts

Options
  • 30-10-2016 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Haven't been able to use my shotgun for weeks, and cannot find the part I need anywhere.

Its a browning medalist made by FIAS or sabatti I believe.
    Its the 'cocking hook' I'm after, located in the forend, its job is to push the two pins that cock the hammers.

I have tried everywhere and have had no luck, even ebay italy and emailed sabatti.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Is it broken ? Get it tig welded.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

get a gunsmith to make the broken part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Many thanks,
    I gave it to a pal who has a tig welder, so he said he can do something, but the original cam profile at the back is destroyed so he he'll do his best from the pic.

Bit of a warning to anyone wanting to buy a budget gun such as this, if you can't get parts for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

ligertigon wrote: »
    Many thanks,
    I gave it to a pal who has a tig welder, so he said he can do something, but the original cam profile at the back is destroyed so he he'll do his best from the pic.

Bit of a warning to anyone wanting to buy a budget gun such as this, if you can't get parts for it!

Years ago i was looking at a medalist and everyone warned me off them, they are built down to a low budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

I know a guy that can make any part for a gun, one of the best gunsmiths around, ill PM you his number and you can have a chat with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Just an update.

I got a reply from Sabatti of Italy, and they are going to send me the part FOC.

Aint that nice of them! :)

Advertisement