Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athy estate - Cois Bhearu or Earl's Court

Options
  • 30-10-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Just wanted opinion from anyone that lives in the town or has done - which would be the better estate for a family with young child.

We're looking at 4 bed semi in either Cois Bhearu (specifically the second stage - Ard Bhearu) or 4 bed semi in Earl's Court.

the last deciding factor is whether one is better estate to live in (ie quiet, other young kids around, no hassle, no anti-social behaviour etc). They both appear to be fine but then I'm not from the area and there's only so much you can tell from occasional visits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I think Cois Bhearu would be the better place, but only just. Both are nice areas. Earls Court has a huge estate to the rear with a lot of rental properties. I'm not aware of ant anti-social behaviour in either area. Cois Bhearu would be closer to the 2nd level schools, and probably the town centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Thanks for the reply, yes I saw Rheban Manor/ Hollands behind Earls Court and it does seem to have a lot of rentals as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

+1 on Cois Bhearu, its very nice and quiet

Advertisement