Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uncooked pork ???

Options
  • 30-10-2016 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi guys i figure ye might know the answer to this and let me know one way r the other, we had pork loin today, 1.25kg cooked in pryax dish with lid on at 180 degree fan oven for 1hr 15 mins, then hubby took lid off and it was cooked for another 30 mins, took out of oven let it sit for a min and i transfered it onto plate i cut it down the middle, was askin hubby if he thought juice was clear he thought it was i wasnt so sure, i sliced a piece and it looked white and i ate some so did hubby, i thought the meat did not feel as hot as you would expect and fut it bk in the dish into the oven with lid on again for a while, when i picked up the plate with the juice on it and the juice all went to one side it was faintly pink, neadless to say i am worried about this as we both ate some, :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Your saying 1hr 45 mins basically. Sounds a good bit. Pork is slow. Even a small piece stuffed which I have some times is timed for 1hr.
    Think you should be fine.
    Pork isn't the easiest meat to digest. Don't know why as bacon is much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Your joint should have hit the core temperature required so all should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'm afraid any food safety advice contravenes charter. Consequently I have no choice but to close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement