Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

It was a taking shelter kinda day

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Some amount of rain (with a dash of snow) after falling in last 24 hours. This week looks like write off anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Some amount of rain (with a dash of snow) after falling in last 24 hours. This week looks like write off anyway.
    We ndidn't get much here (yet anyway). Left the cows out at 11 today and they came back in at 4. Might check again tomorrow before letting them off.

They mightn't have much outside but they are eager to be off. A bit of fresh air will do them no harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

We ndidn't get much here (yet anyway). Left the cows out at 11 today and they came back in at 4. Might check again tomorrow before letting them off.

They mightn't have much outside but they are eager to be off. A bit of fresh air will do them no harm.

Yesterday and last night were fairly bad alright. Today hasn't been so bad to be fair. Kinda an ever present misty drizzle, but warm enough all day. Definitely a little growth there. The jeep is telling me tis 11degrees now and I'd well believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,792 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bucketing down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Bucketing down here.

Unreal rain here this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Reggie. wrote: »
    Unreal rain here this morning

Same here earlier this morning, poured out of the heavens. Has cleared up a bit now. Really sick of this weather. I put some fertiliser out on Saturday...for all the good it will do I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Smasher of a day.
    That day is worth 10 bales of silage.

Good drying out. 11 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Steady rain/drizzle from 4 o'clock yesterday till 12 o'clock today. Sun shining now but interspersed by heavy showers of hail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sun is shining but damage is done... Turloughs in every field :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭einn32

Wet start but then good drying. It's rained a lot the past few days. Temperature is definitely improved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Smasher of a day.
    That day is worth 10 bales of silage.

Good drying out. 11 degrees.

Very scuttery weather again today - horrible thundery dounpours alternating with cold drizzle.

Fields which had been drying out last week now waterlogged or flooded.

Don't hold much hope for the fertiliser spread in the past fortnight...

To read the posts here about such a nice day from people in the East and South today, you'd swear we were in a different country :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Very scuttery weather again today - horrible thundery dounpours alternating with cold drizzle.

Fields which had been drying out last week now waterlogged or flooded.

Don't hold much hope for the fertiliser spread in the past fortnight...

To read the posts here about such a nice day from people in the East and South today, you'd swear we were in a different country :(

Ah ye are getting yere own back on us with the rain coming in here again tonight and tomorrow morning.

The trend is very mixed though.
    Looks like Europe will be getting their summer from next week on and we'll be still drawing air from Greenland and northern Canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Back to square one here in the NW, land that had dried out reasonably well is now flooded. Was going to chance a bit of fert out late last week, glad i did'nt now.
    Temps are promised to rise over the coming days which might get things moving.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What part of Cork? Only light rain in north cork since 11.30 am. Miserably cold though.

Drinagh, West cork
    Hidee hoo neighbour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Great drying out atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Cold bastard of a day with the north wind it would skin ya a shower falling now

Great drying here. Showers all around but missing me thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Good day here.went up to put up wire to let out cows in morning.chanced letting them off there now.they nearly knocked me down for the freedom even the couple of ones hopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Looks like it'll be dry 2moro but heavy rain coming from 5 on here and rain most of the weekend.

• Advertisement

Bitter cold here. Hailstones earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Very hard frost here this am,lambing ewes out and on last check last night thought one or two were getting near it.Looked again at 4:30....saved a perished twin lamb,he’s under the red lamp with his Brother and Mum now.Frost was all over his back!

Very hard frost here this am,lambing ewes out and on last check last night thought one or two were getting near it.Looked again at 4:30....saved a perished twin lamb,he’s under the red lamp with his Brother and Mum now.Frost was all over his back!

Fairly white here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭valtra2

Wet rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Made a lot of rain here last night from midnight on. Place is swimming this morning.

The only consolation here is land was fairly dry up to yesterday so hopefully most will soak in quickly.

It's fair hardship on lads with heavy ground now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

lashing rain here, cold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Farfield

I'm up north and it's like winter. Cows have been indoors since early September n never out since- don't know what's going on, non stop rain n cold. Things getting desperate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Some nice weather promised in the west from this weekend on. 12 - 14 degrees. I will put out a few bags of sweet grass on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Rain :( said to myself I’d chance some bag today if it was dry

• Advertisement

A really horrible day. Windy and raining

Advertisement