Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Glorious day here in mid Tipp.warm and strong wind blowing.great to see grass waving in the wind.long may it last.cleaned out cattle add cubicle sheds.don't intend using them again till November!.plus out of silage since Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Dark cold overcast this morning and windy, sun is intermittent now getting warm and the wind has picked up strong southerly gusts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭kk.man

If Carlsberg could do days like this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

18 degrees and windy here in Cavan. Countryside has turned green in the last 2 days. Ground still too wet to venture onto in many cases however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

It was like a summers day in Dublin. Lovely sunshine, great drying wind.
    Dark cool windy evening now down in Laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

There is a strong drying wind out. But the sky is kinda grey, hopefully rain will not fall! Had to take a walk through field last night and had some job to hold onto wellies. (Hunting a heifer that took a wrong turn!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Beautiful day here, sun shining, cows basking in the sun, mild drying breeze, going to throw another few out after dinner:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Parents are in Spain at the moment. They are also having the wettest spring there and it's really windy at the moment. Fertilizer and slurry going out here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    Parents are in Spain at the moment.

l hope you are behaving yourself! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Beautiful day here, sun shining, cows basking in the sun, mild drying breeze, going to throw another few out after dinner:)

Mind the back! :p

Been a damp morning here.
    Land still sogging after the heavy rain Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    l hope you are behaving yourself! :)

Haven't time to get up to any mischief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Temps after rising in the last few hours cows out, just not gonna look at them for a few hours so the state of the field won't depress me. Opening up all doors to sheds to leave as much air in to calves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Have 6pallets of fert in the yard here, had to give up after 2 bags tho, even with the spreader on the 4wd tractor I'm still ploughing up spots and leaving foot deep tracks ughhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Timmaay wrote: »
    Have 6pallets of fert in the yard here, had to give up after 2 bags tho, even with the spreader on the 4wd tractor I'm still ploughing up spots and leaving foot deep tracks ughhhhh.

I thought you had the driest farm in Ireland??
    Will it be any drier in a week or even two?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭einn32

Had sea mist and drizzle this morning but it blew up into a great day after 11. Land is seriously wet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

18°here. Spreading a half bag of sweet grass on grazing ground. In my tee shirt,🙂

restive wrote: »
    18°here. Spreading a half bag of sweet grass on grazing ground. In my tee shirt,🙂

Use the tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Use the tractor.

It's far handier

This was the day I was dreaming about all spring. Was a cracker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A pet evening here, glorious sunshine and warm. Did a bit of fencing so as to enjoy it for a half hour longer:)

Cows out tonight for the first night since September 30th, they got confused and queued in front of the door to the cubicle house even though the gate to the fields was open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Who2

without question the best day of the year here. In my t-shirt the whole day and didnt want to leave the farm this evening. Grass is absolutaly jumping out of the ground. Filled the roller and set it ready to keep the old man busy for a while.

It wasn't that great here.
    Ground is still wet. Damp wet morning.
    The sun came out in the afternoon but it was cool enough.
    Went pairing a ponys feet when I went at a cows foot.
    A turnover crate would be a great invention.

It wasn't that great here.
    Ground is still wet. Damp wet morning.
    The sun came out in the afternoon but it was cool enough.
    Went pairing a ponys feet when I went at a cows foot.
    A turnover crate would be a great invention.
    150,000 gallons of slurry out on some of the silage ground . Rest has to be grazed. Fertiliser out on paddocks that didnt get fertiliser yet this year. Fog outside now. I walked paddocks yesterday and they were very wet by this evening tractor could travel them, unreal drying

150,000 gallons of slurry out on some of the silage ground . Rest has to be grazed. Fertiliser out on paddocks that didnt get fertiliser yet this year. Fog outside now. I walked paddocks yesterday and they were very wet by this evening tractor could travel them, unreal drying

Well I suppose it's swings and roundabouts.
    I have the cows out fulltime for nearly 2 weeks bar Monday night and then out by day since the start of Feb and then back in for the snow.
    So I got not too bad of a run of it. Ground conditions were challenging though.
    Heifers are still in but just about to go out.

I have a tank full of slurry up over the slats and this was emptied in January.
    So that's the next job.

There's a smell of smoke in the air here.
    I doubt the heather on the mountains is dry enough wherever this is coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Back to ****ty muggy weather we've had for the last 2 weeks next week :(:(

Back to ****ty muggy weather we've had for the last 2 weeks next week :(:(

Don't want to give false hope but it may not be as bad for us in the southeast.
    There's a bit of a difference between the models or divergence as the weather peeps say.

Local weather page here giving tomorrow better than today in our area :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Local weather page here giving tomorrow better than today in our area :D

Harrow is rearing to go here

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Harrow is rearing to go here
    Did you take the coats off the calves in the warmer weather?

Advertisement