Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

A washout here today ground saturated again may have to run a few into shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Biblical rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Biblical rain.

Nice belt of rain there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Stopped here now, not as much rain as I feared last night. I might leave the last few animals inside today and let them off tomorrow though.

I stayed up last nite and brought the cows into the cubicles at 3am.... 'twas dry enuf that time... And I was wondering should I have brought em in at all..... Didn't have to wait long to get my answer....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Biblical rain.
    Time to start building an ark?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    Time to start building an ark?

There's stupid talk about milk quota on other threads.
    The way the weather is looking and potentially looking in this little ice age we are just starting into now there'll be no need for civil servants to dream up new rules.
    I'm deadly serious about the weather change too.

Gulf stream slowing down with much cooler waters around northwest Europe than normal plus the sun entering into a very subdued period means we're phucked.
    Save yourselves folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Torrential rain here in Cavan now, coming straight down like dowel rods.

The weather pattern is very worrying. Seems like the number of rainfall free days is decimated land not getting any chance to dry.

We have heavy low ground that needs two/three weeks drying to be able to work it. I’ve never seen it so wet in mid May.

For a bit of optimism.
    The sea surface temperatures are getting warmer in the south Pacific.
    There's a definite difference in the temperature sea surface anomaly map between today and last week.
    So we are definitely leaving La Nina behind.
    So going on ( it to me looks a complete connection these last few years to what was happening over there and the weather here ) that it looks like we may be entering into a phase similar to what brought us (well most of us ) dry weather early last year and the back end of the year before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

For a bit of optimism.
    The sea surface temperatures are getting warmer in the south Pacific.
    There's a definite difference in the temperature sea surface anomaly map between today and last week.
    So we are definitely leaving La Nina behind.
    So going on ( it to me looks a complete connection these last few years to what was happening over there and the weather here ) that it looks like we may be entering into a phase similar to what brought us (well most of us ) dry weather early last year and the back end of the year before that.

It's your fault now if that doesn't come to pass

Mooooo wrote: »
    It's your fault now if that doesn't come to pass
    It's gradually happening.
    Which I think the last one was too?

I didn't say what year dry weather will come in though. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Was a ****e morning but shaped up nicely as say went on. Close now and sunny spells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

If the weather doesn't clear up soon, I'll be up to date on my paperwork:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭older by the day

Pissed last night and a grand heavy shower with hail stone thru it just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Lovely sunny morning now after a cool crisp start for darkness to light walk. First swallows back this morning too. I hope they get a nice summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Nice sunny morning here but a lot of dark (black) cloud building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Better than the forecast anyway ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Great day in sth mayo. Forecast looks great for the next week also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

gozunda wrote: »
    Better than the forecast anyway ....
    same as that only got about 20 min light rain toay and the forecast for the week is ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Not a bad day. Cloudy overcast . No rain. Forecast ok for the week.

At long last this long dreary winter seems to be over .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

No rain so far yesterday or today in Mayo, cloudy and not one bit warm out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭White Clover

At long last this long dreary winter seems to be over .[/quote]

Never a truer word said.

Dry but overcast in cork, spits of drizzle during the day, dry weather needed to give wetter half of farm a chance have to go there 2moro night with cows. Gonna walk ground see of it can take a mower at the end of the week, got nothing yet but clear off and start again best bet at this stage if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Dry & cool with occasional drizzle /sunny spells
    But good to crack out the bbq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Dry and mostly sunny here today although there was a fresh breeze at times . Got the last of the calves out into the enclosed paddock beside the yard. I was surprised how much the grass grew in the last 10 days since the older ones were moved on to a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Miserable here in my part of west cork now. Thick fog and drizzle. Can't see 100 meters

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭anthony500_1

Miserable here in my part of west cork now. Thick fog and drizzle. Can't see 100 meters

Not far off the same ****e here in west galway. Another morning wearing the wet gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

same in waterford,,, other half is a few miles in land going to work and its bone dry.:(

Drizzle all night, gone very humid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Was overcast here till about 3pm and then sun came out was a lovely evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

dull start :o

Advertisement