Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

High bike wrote: »
    western Algarve maybe
    Thursday, 17 May, 2018

Forecasts for Ireland

TODAY ... A few sunny intervals east, mostly cloudy west and central counties, with a few outbreaks of light rain, but also some brighter intervals there as well. Highs 15 to 17 C except cooler in onshore breezes near south and east coasts.

TONIGHT ... Gradual clearing with just a few patches of low cloud and isolated light showers near west coast, lows about 4 to 7 C.

FRIDAY ... Variable cloud with afternoon sunshine returning, warmer for most, isolated showers in the morning will be quite light and brief in duration. Morning lows 4 to 7 C and afternoon highs 15 to 19 C.

SATURDAY ... Increasing cloud, warm except near south coast due to onshore breezes as winds increase to southerly 40 to 60 km/hr. Lows near 7 C and highs near 19 C, possibly 20 in some parts of the midlands.

SUNDAY ... Rain from early morning into mid-day hours, heavier in western counties where it could turn thundery at times. Rather warm and humid especially in eastern counties. Lows 10 to 13 C and highs 17 to 21 C.

MONDAY ... The front will continue to drop some rain in western counties but the system will weaken and dissipate by afternoon leading to mostly sunny skies and highs near 19 C (somewhat cooler in coastal Leinster).

OUTLOOK ... Warm spells will persist most of the rest of May in a generally east to southeast wind flow, highs could reach 22-24 C in western counties at times, but will be held down somewhat in the east by cold waters of the Irish Sea, even so, should be near or slightly above normal in the Dublin region too with highs 17 to 20 C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rain just starting here. It turned very cool this evening and now looks like a sup of moisture to drive a bit of growth on the drier land here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

You'll get the rain too.
    Me however might not.

When you'd want a bit of rain for a reseed (now) it wouldn't come and when you'd want it dry later in the week for silage you'd get thunderstorms off the Irish sea.
    Hard to plan these things out. :rolleyes:
    I suppose as they say " Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It fecked off fairly quickly. Could do with an inch soon, growth slowing and silage ground still needs a bit of rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It fecked off fairly quickly. Could do with an inch soon, growth slowing and silage ground still needs a bit of rolling

Only 2mm here, 20mm expected here before Tuesday and then back to the East wind and dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭visatorro

Feck all here as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Ah jaysus lads it spent 7 months raining, will ye enjoy the dry weather before the next 7 starts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Ah jaysus lads it spent 7 months raining, will ye enjoy the dry weather before the next 7 starts!

This is true but abit of moisture is needed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Not much over night but starting away again now. Only light rain. Cows still sinking away in heavier ground, dry ground is fine after the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Robson99

Reggie. wrote: »

ID say 90% of the country would he quiet happy not to see rain for the next 4 weeks. ID rather be supplementing in good dry weather than in the 0 months of wet **** we have gone through. At least people will be in good form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Are you willing to be lynched by 95% of the farming community? Noone looking for rain here

Are you willing to be lynched by 95% of the farming community? Noone looking for rain here

Never said that. What I'm saying is that not everyone will be happy with the weather. No rain here for last 10 days but a tiny bit this morning and abit tomorrow but none for another 10 days after. It was welcome as we needed abit of moisture.

I had an acre flooded 2 weeks ago that's down to the puddles now and anywhere dry is cracking. Now I know we had a bad winter but if someone is willing to lynch someone for looking for a small bit of moisture after 10 days then they have an issue. Always some ready to complain about rain no matter how little it is. If people are thst wound up about it then ghey shouldnt be farming.

I know lads are in bother in parts of the country but then the problem is the land itself. If it can't dry itself up after a fortnight of dry weather than maybe it's not suited for livestock. Equally so if that part of the country is getting none stop rain and not drying out.....then the same applies.

Pointless complaining about someone's land being dry when yours is damp. Just do the best ya can with what ya have. For such a small country we have mad climates which is just the reality of the situation.

Robson99 wrote: »
    ID say 90% of the country would he quiet happy not to see rain for the next 4 weeks. ID rather be supplementing in good dry weather than in the 0 months of wet **** we have gone through. At least people will be in good form

The same people who would be in good form would be the very ones complaining that the grass ain't growing after that month of dry weather as it's half starved of moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Robson99

The same people who would be in good form would be the very ones complaining that the grass ain't growing after that month of dry weather as it's half starved of moisture.

No fear of that happening. Its Ireland not Iran

Robson99 wrote: »
    No fear of that happening. Its Ireland not Iran

You would be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Never said that. What I'm saying is that not everyone will be happy with the weather. No rain here for last 10 days but a tiny bit this morning and abit tomorrow but none for another 10 days after. It was welcome as we needed abit of moisture.

I had an acre flooded 2 weeks ago that's down to the puddles now and anywhere dry is cracking. Now I know we had a bad winter but if someone is willing to lynch someone for looking for a small bit of moisture after 10 days then they have an issue. Always some ready to complain about rain no matter how little it is. If people are thst wound up about it then ghey shouldnt be farming.

I know lads are in bother in parts of the country but then the problem is the land itself. If it can't dry itself up after a fortnight of dry weather than maybe it's not suited for livestock. Equally so if that part of the country is getting none stop rain and not drying out.....then the same applies.

Pointless complaining about someone's land being dry when yours is damp. Just do the best ya can with what ya have. For such a small country we have mad climates which is just the reality of the situation.

Do you honestly think anyone in the country would lynch anyone else for saying that they were looming for rain. Dont take everything so literally. :_

You said a bit if moisture was needed... a vast majority would disagree, and the slim few that might like some rain, wouldn't be actully for it yet. I know that out in schull that they have 40mm got since this time yesterday.

Its stopped here now, hopefully it'll dry up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Drizzle most of last night and today in the NW, no real harm in it, ground was almost drying while the drizzle came down. Unless we get heavy showers tonight we seem to have missed the heavy stuff for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Last summer/early autumn the weather was as close to perfection as we could get here in the south east, while it was brutally wet from most of the midlands heading west/north. It's a simple fact that we are heading into drought stress here right now, and it will take afew decent days of rain to get us outa it, which really isn't what the rest of yous want I know ha. It was actually quite similar may last yr, the big bloody problem then was it pissed rain for like 3 full weeks from the 20th May on which made the 1st cut very difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Timmaay wrote: »
    Last summer/early autumn the weather was as close to perfection as we could get here in the south east, while it was brutally wet from most of the midlands heading west/north. It's a simple fact that we are heading into drought stress here right now, and it will take afew decent days of rain to get us outa it, which really isn't what the rest of yous want I know ha. It was actually quite similar may last yr, the big bloody problem then was it pissed rain for like 3 full weeks from the 20th May on which made the 1st cut very difficult.
    flying along here, will do bales this week. More bales next week and first cut in a week or 2. Fertiliser only went out on silage ground on 30th april, what a difference a few weeks makes. We got little or no rain today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Drizzled sown here today. Was very close at the same time.

• Advertisement

Light rain all day, getting heavier now. I think it's around 2 or 3 in the morning the heavier stuff is to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

What counties are getting this so called heavy rain. I'd say everyone who has crops and grass set would like a heavy day of it and then to clear again for another 5 or 6 days

Wet in cork anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was a lovely sunny day here in Leitrim yday but it rained heavily last night,drizzily misty rain here this evening....was around on most of farm yday with quad as was working at sheep,around again today....you could literally see the growth since yday!.....might be bit late for it but was first decent growing day here this year

For anyone looking at the rainfall radar.

Do you see that little tiny clear spot in the southeast?
    That's where I live.

Lovely evening

Could do with a drop.

Could do with a drop.

Did ya not get any?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did ya not get any?

None.
    We must have been the only part of the country which escaped the rain.
    (Which is normally a good thing).

There's a big chance of thunderstorms for us in the southeast from maybe Thursday on for a few days. So no panic yet.

• Advertisement

None.
    We must have been the only part of the country which escaped the rain.
    (Which is normally a good thing).

There's a big chance of thunderstorms for us in the southeast from maybe Thursday on for a few days. So no panic yet.

Think next drop is here on Sunday.

Advertisement