Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Nothing here looks like whatever was going to come this evening isn't going to either. Heading away for weekend on Fri so will try and keep a bank of grass for then, in with the silage 2moro

Started here about 30 mins ago, just as I got a call that 45 heifers and a bull were going for a gallop the wagons. getting a bit heavy now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Absolutely sweet F.A falling here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Absolutely sweet F.A falling here

Same here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

About 24c now 21.03 in France. Reached 31c today. Tomorrow shops to be hotter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Has being raining solidly for 8 hours here in Leitrim....knowing land around here,even with soil moisture deficits that’s enough for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

About 24c now 21.03 in France. Reached 31c today. Tomorrow shops to be hotter.
    What part are you in? Heading there next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Has being raining solidly for 8 hours here in Leitrim....knowing land around here,even with soil moisture deficits that’s enough for a while.

I licked rushes early this morning, think they might have just got dry as it started here in S Leitrim around 12.30 or so.
    Fairly pissing it down the last couple hours. No topping of that wet field this week so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nothing in Dublin. Very little in westmeath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Ya fairly wet here today. Slurry tanker was cutting up ground around gaps which was surprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

looks like a great spell of weather on the way... Ken Ring has been absolutely spot on with his weather predictions for the yr so far.... he called the snow at the beginning of March.. the great days at the end of May and called this spell coming up as well and he said all this back in december...!! what do Met Eireann be at??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

looks like a great spell of weather on the way... Ken Ring has been absolutely spot on with his weather predictions for the yr so far.... he called the snow at the beginning of March.. the great days at the end of May and called this spell coming up as well and he said all this back in december...!! what do Met Eireann be at??
    Fair play Ken!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

What about the snow in June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Dickie10

light shower of rain here for 10 mins. didnt even settle dust. might have to offload cattle . were a dry farm and have recived little if any decent rain since may 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nothing in Dublin. Very little in westmeath

Got a good wetting yday though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Plenty of rain here today, still at it. No more for a few weeks please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

tanko wrote: »
    Plenty of rain here today, still at it. No more for a few weeks please.

yee better make good use of it as i am looking forward to the donated bales coming this way for once,,,,:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

ganmo wrote: »
    Got a good wetting yday though

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rain just clearing now but it’s been pissing down since 4am.

That’s enough until September please.

Had a bit over night but not much after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Same here, a bit around 9 last night, just enough to keep the dust down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Nice drop here met says 11.4mm at ballyhaise for yesterday which is fairly near here. second cut slurry and fert out. basically spread everywhere only the paddock the cows are on. Ready for grass explosion next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Mooooo wrote: »

0.8mm yesterday at Cork Airport.

Going to need a bit more than that to get a second cut of silage over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

kowtow wrote: »

What's fodder reserves looking like down your way if another month passes without meaniful rain on top of warm weather, half thinking of making a couple of 100 bales instead of pitting all of the second cut to have for sale, i reckon their going to be plenty of buyers come winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dzer2

jaymla627 wrote: »
    kowtow wrote: »

What's fodder reserves looking like down your way if another month passes without meaniful rain on top of warm weather, half thinking of making a couple of 100 bales instead of pitting all of the second cut to have for sale, i reckon their going to be plenty of buyers come winter

In 50 yrs I have never lads on good ground lose out they will get fodder in Sept Oct if they have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Did he say how I am going to feed the cattle next winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

dzer2 wrote:
    In 50 yrs I have never lads on good ground lose out they will get fodder in Sept Oct if they have to

The stocking rates of the last 50 years are not the current stocking rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

There is a cool north east breeze here and you need a body warmer on.

jaymla627 wrote: »

Most lads aren't too bad, a lot of surplus taken early on once it dried up and some had big first cuts. It depends on how much is fed out. My issue is I didn't take out surpluses early enough, which led to me having too much out at the one time while grazing stemmy stuff. If I had gone earlier I would of had better grass in the rotation for longer with less ground out. 7 to 10 days too late. May graze part of second cut ground, speed up the ground in covering instead of continuing with bales but that's more for hardiness than anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Who2

I’m desperately in need of rain. My ground is starting to turn into a golf course. I seem to be a pocket here in the north east that’s missing all rain. I’m going to start selling here over the next week or so as everything is getting burnt off and little to no growth. There’s a few lads not far from me have housed cattle and are feeding indoors to try drag out rotations. What’s people’s opinions on spreading plenty of nitrogen on bare (bone dry)ground . Should I keep throwing out a bit and will it be much use or have I just to wait for a burst of rain.

Advertisement